Need help with your equipment?
M

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 27th, 2020 4:57 PM

Internet access goes out every night at the same time

Every night, internet access drops out at exactly 7:30 PM and returns around 6:30 AM. I have confirmed that the problem is not with my equipment but with the incoming line. ATT has made it virtually impossible to report this problem so here I am. I suspect that the problem is in the overhead copper lines and is related to temperature. But again, I have found it impossible to relay this to ATT. The 800 288 2020 number is a friendly robot that insists I reboot my router and beyond that, no help. No human to speak to.

I guess my only recourse is to reduce my payment for internet services to reflect the actual hours of internet availability on a daily basis. Eleven hours of down time over a twenty-four hour period is 45.8%. I should probably pay only 54.2% of my billed amount. I think that's only fair.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

what time do your street lights come on and turn off, years ago i had a chronic repair that went out every time the street light went on and came back up when the lights went off it turns out pg&e ground bed on the pole was lost disrupting service. ask your neighbors if this is happening to them because my situation onle affected everyone on that cable count

• 

2 Messages

I've ruled out the streetlights (I had seen that on other threads about the nightly outage). The streetlights come on 30 min. or so prior and go out about an hour after the outage.

There's no appreciable EMF in the area of the router. I am about 2000 feet from the CO here in our town. The infrastructure is dated and we're all on copper so I'm thinking that's the problem.

I'll talk to my neighbors and see what their experience is.

Thanks for responding, Constructive!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.