Need help with your equipment?
cabhoney's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Mon, May 23, 2016 11:57 PM

Intermittent uverse telephone and internet

Does anyone else continue to experience this multiple times a day? I have for almost three years now and ATT has never been able to fix it. They gave come out many times and it will be good for a few months. Then it will go back to dropping calls, very hard to hear on the other end. At the same time, the internet goes down. This happens over and over again all day every day. You know the new Cox commercial where the AtT tech on the other end tells the customer switch to Cox, that's what I'm going to do. It is ridiculous to have this ongoing problem for almost 3 years.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

6 y ago

Hi @cabhoney,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having with your service. In the past, modem environment played a huge factor on how services work. Check out this article, it may help. 

-ATTU-verseCare 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 y ago

Have done this, have done everything. I've got a long history of things they've tried and changed out, everything except the line coming into the house.

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6 y ago

@cabhoney - I suppose the fault could be anywhere. The first anywhere I would like to elimininate is house wiring. Is the tel jack on the RG (modem) connected to a wall jack & you use your old phones for service?

Remove that connection & connect a Panasonic DECT6.0 wireless base station directly to the RG. Get a set with as many stations as you need & use them in speaker phone mode

See if that solves the problem or  the problem continues.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

6 y ago

Hi @cabhoney,

We can look into this further. Send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your:

• Name
  • 9 digit U-verse account number

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.