Zatzke's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jan 4, 2016 9:13 PM

Increase in Bill

Recently my bill increased by $10 per month. I spent over 60 minutes on the phone trying to get a legitimate reason why. I was told that it was because I ended a bundle and that the "stand-alone" service was higher cost. 

I have never had a bundle, have not inquired about a bundle, nor approached the end of any promotional offers. I was told to look at my bills (past/present) and look at the wording. The present bill says "AT&T U-verse Internet Max Stand-alone" and the month before it simply says "AT&T U-verse Internet Max".

The customer service representative stated that it is assumed that the service was part of a bundle because it did not say "stand-alone". The customer service representative went further to say that it has now been corrected since "stand-alone" has been added to the description and the rate was increased.

I do not believe this for one second as I have never received a bill that says I am paying a rate for a bundled service. This seems like fraud and will be one of the reasons (among many others) that I would not and will not recommend AT&T for any service for any reason to anyone that I know.

The only way to stay at the same rate was to decrease speed to a lower package. This is not an acceptable response and I will be looking for a new service when my promotional price is over.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@Zatzke   Contact ATT Customer Care on the link in my signature below.

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your billing problems.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I'm going through this now. Getting ready to dump this service. I was paying 37.95. No way should I be paying 57.00 a month when I only have stand alone DSL. I also feel that this is a scam.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

Oct. $37, Nov. $38, Dec. $54, Jan. $54.
I believe this is too costly for just stand alone DSL. I have no bundles.
I will find a more affordable provider.
_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 y ago

A $10 price increase in your bill seems (to me) to be a rather small increase if you have a promo ending.  I would expect a promo end would be a lot more noticible than $10.  However check this link.  Could this explain some of that increase?  All our bills will be going up based on that info.Smiley Sad  It's that time of the year again (although I thought they generally always did this in February in the past years).

Update/Afterthought:

I hope this annual increase doesn't spawn a flurry of "I-have-contract-ATT-can't-do-this-to-me" posts.Smiley Happy

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.