Need help with your equipment?
0daymaster's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Sep 21, 2018 10:14 PM

I need port 25 unblocked for an email server

I have some posts suggesting that I pay for some extended support to get port 25 unblocked; that is ludicrous, I already pay for static netblock, I will not pay extra to use my static netblock the it *should work anyways*. How do I get port 25 opened up?

Thanks.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

My standard answer to getting 25 unblocked is,

You can get 25 unblocked but I believe it costs $49 to do it.  Start by contacting ATT ConnecTech support.  That link shows a telephone number (866.294.3464) and the ConnecTech webpage.

But given the restrictions you posted on getting 25 my answer here then would be, you can't get it unblocked unless you perhaps contact someone at att who happens to be in a good/generous mood that day (if I recall I think that's happened according to some post I've read in the past - don't have a link to it though).

Do you need 25 because you are running your own mail server?  If not what other use is there for 25 where the ssl ports wouldn't work instead?  Not criticizing, just curious.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

Yup, I run my own email server.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I actually only use my AT&T line as a failover line but it would still be nice...

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.