Need help with your equipment?
SubsonicBouncer's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 12:00 AM

I need help with my ethernet on ATT Gigapower ASAP! (please read the description before commenting)

Hello, So I have recently switched from xfinity to At&t gigapower. They installed a powerline in the location of my router downstairs and another in my office upstairs. Since I have a monoprice gigabit ethernet switch, I plugged in the ethernet from the powerline, and one to my PC, for expandability. Im having problems and I don't understand why. My WIFI speeds upstairs are consistantly 30Mbits per second Down and 20Mbits per second UP. When I use Ethernet, It is 1Mbit per second Down and .5 Mbit per second UP. This was a red flag for me. So, I went through all the troubleshooting steps. My drivers are up to date, I changed my DNS server to OpenDNS, I disabled IPV6, and to no avail. My next though was that it was the Gbit switch. So I plugged the Powerline's ethernet directly into my PC. No dice. Finally I unplugged each powerline, router, switch, etc. for 10 seconds each. Nope. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Is it a faulty powerline or installation? Is it too much interference from my PC, which is custom built and pulls 600W consistantly from the surge protector that is connected to the same socket? I need help since my work relies on this.ASAP!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hey @SubsonicBouncer,

We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to get this corrected.

ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.