How To Setup DMZ and IP Passthrough

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @lynda1964,

We will be happy to help you with your router configuration. Are you looking to open a port on the U-verse gateway? If so, one thing that you can try first is setting the device in DMZ or passthrough mode to make sure everything will work correctly. Below are some instructions that go over it. It details how to do it with another router, but you can do it with any device. Just choose the gateway that matches yours.

Hope this helps.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I contacted AT&T ConnecTech Service rep. yesterday. The tech named "Daryl Fernandez" said UVerse customers must subscribe to an additional service which costs $15/ month in order to be able to gain access to cameras from outside the house. Here is the chat transcript:

Daryl F : Welcome to AT&T ConnecTech Services, where we offer affordable solutions to your technology needs. My name is Daryl Fernandez, and I will be chatting with you to help you today. Please give me a moment while I review your previous chat.
Rodge : Okay
Rodge : It's supposed to be straight and simple to fix this , I don't know why UVerse is so backwards
Rodge : It was working perfectly when we had Comcast a month ago
Daryl F : As I understand you have contacted us because you need to access the Camera from outside your network. I can help you with that.
Rodge  : ok
Daryl F : We will have to configure the router and check the Static IP settings to fix this. You are now connected to the advanced technical department. Let's get this issue fixed now.
Rodge : The camera has a static IP with the port 8080
Daryl F : Let me have a check on the account details and verify the connectech services subscription and proceed with this.
Daryl F : I have reviewed your records and found that you do not have an active support plan with us. Unfortunately, this issue is not supported by our AT&T internet services department and is not included in the monthly cost of your internet service. Internet service only supports the signal to your home. However, not to worry, we have other possible options for you to have this issue fixed at a reasonable price.
Rodge : Okay what is it ?
Rodge : I m really starting to regret that I switched from Comcast
Rodge : It s just a simple thing and I need an Active Support Plan ??
Daryl F : That is very unfortunate. I can understand how you feel. But this is an issue with the third party device and as we are in a paid support we need a support plus subscription before we proceed. There are many benefits that you get if you subscribe to the service. I can explain you both the subscription plan and as well as the one time fee on the issue fix.
Rodge : I don't need to know about the plan
Rodge : Tell me if you can fix this
Daryl F : By subscribing for the Connectech service, you are going to avail comprehensive Support for up to (4) PCs, Software installation, home networking devices and more! What's more exciting is that, we will provide free McAfee for all 4 computers and also our specially designed utility called AT&T PC Maintenance Tool Box which will help you keep your computer optimal always. This also helps you reach us just by clicking on a chat button whenever you have an issue like a slow computer performance, virus infections, anti virus installation and configuration, email issues, printer configuration, Internet browsing and connectivity issues et cetera. You will be directly connected to an expert technician within seconds and not having to wait on the queue for someone to answer. You will have instant access whenever or where ever you need it through out the year. All this is for just $ $15 per month for 12 months.
Rodge : Tell me if you can fix this
Rodge : That's all
Daryl F : I can fix this for you, but I need to add a support plus service to the account before I proceed, Mr.Gork.
Rodge : I hope you won't mind if I put this conversation on the online Forum
Rodge  : No I dont want anything added to my current plan
Daryl F : The previous agent seems to have failed to mention, that our fee based advanced technical support has one-time and subscription options, and I apologize for this oversight. It is approximately 50 cent a day and is cost effective for our subscription plan.
Rodge : You know what, I just made a final decision
Rodge : I m going back to Comcast

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @brian123456,

We apologize about the issues and how they phrased their response. You do not have to pay for the access, but the paid subscription is to the support on getting it setup, since the cameras are not an AT&T product. Hopefully, setting up your cameras in DMZ mode helped. If not, please feel free to start a new thread stating what is happening, and the community has always been very helpful in trying to get things fixed.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I got connected to the same dude a couple of days ago. All I'm trying to do is get my firewall configured that way I can play FIFA with people from the U.S , instead of foreigners from all over the world, which is literally unplayable. He keeps on saying the same thing: Bla Bla Bla 15 Dollars for 12 months, 45 one time fee, "you can cancel any time you want free of any cancellation fees". There is no way in he** they will let me cancel without an early cancellation fee. Please AT&T train your employees the right way and get rid of ConnecTech. All I see around the internet are bad reviews on top of bad reviews.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

Opening ports is not considered standard support.  You do not have to pay for the ability, but you do have to pay if you want AT&T's help getting it set up.

Associated Member

• 

248 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T just provides you a means to connect to the internet, its up to you to configure your home connection, or you can pay to get someone to do it for you.

https://portforward.com/ should have guides on how to do it though.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I have done the port forwarding and net/gaming configuration and it does not work.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

@rdomingue wrote:
I have done the port forwarding and net/gaming configuration and it does not work so far.

Fixed that for you.  Hundreds, if not thousands, of others have managed to make it work.  If you want, post what you're trying to do and screenshots of what you did on the gateway and we'll give you feedback.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Jeff, 

TRYING TO MAKE PORTS 85 AND 6036 ACCESSIBLE FROM OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARIES OF MY HOME NETWORK USING MY EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS.

I'VE DONE WHAT IS SHOWN IN THE ATTACHED SHARED FOLDER AND THAT'S ABOUT ALL THE INFORMATION I CAN FIND ON THE SUBJECT. I HAVE READ WHERE PEOPLE HAVE DONE THIS EXACT THING AND ITS WORK FOR THEM WITH OTHER AT&T SUPPLIED ROUTERS.

QUESTION: YOU KEEP MENTIONING MY CLAIMS OF HAVING A STATIC IP ADDRESS AS THOUGH IT IS NOT STATIC. WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT? IS IT NOT TRULY A STATIC IP ADDRESS? IS THIS WHY IT IS NOT WORKING. PLEASE EXPOUND. ADDITIONALLY, DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION ON WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE THIS WORK SUCCESSFULLY WITH THE BGW210 ROUTER/MODEM? THANKS!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/060ycfxqc74jqqg/AAAxyXQIHtHRiS1rJdLiPEfXa?dl=0

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.