Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Need help with your equipment?
B

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 11:49 PM

How do I get AT&T to install faster internet service?

We have a home in a middle class neighborhood in South Miami, FL.  The best internet option available - from AT&T or any other carrier - is 18MB.  A few blocks in either direction (you can guess the economic status of those neighborhoods) has full Fiber internet services from AT&T and the other carriers.  All of these neighborhoods are just a few blocks from the University of Miami.  Is there a way to get AT&T to fix this disparity?  

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19K Messages

4分前

ATT is continuing the fiber buildout started in 2016 adding 3 million residential addresses each year till end 2025. In 2026 there will be 30 million fiber addresses within ATT 21 state footprint. This will be about 50% of all hardwired addresses being fiber and 50% non fiber out of the estimated 60 million addresses.

New developments within footprint would be fiber, many apartment / condo complexes (about 25% of all fiber will be MDUs) and current FTTN addresses where internet 25, 50, 75 or 100 is available.

In our Milwaukee markets, the denser the housing / population the more likely to be fiber. This is low / middle income areas. The larger the property the less likely to be fiber…. .5 acre (about 22,000 sq feet) and larger lots not as likely as city lots of 50*120 feet (6000 sq feet).

Around colleges and universities expect higher population (students) with greater density makes sense to bring fiber to these areas. 

No way to know IF or WHEN your area will be upgraded other than waiting several years. I expect fiber deployment will likely stop by 2030. If desire the service sooner will need to consider relocating.

Just my thoughts…

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.