How do I change my WiFi password and name?
Learn how to change your Wi-Fi Password and Network Name
There is a super-easy way to reset, or change, your Wi-Fi password or Network Name on your NVG with Smart Home Manager! You can use our app too!
- Download the app (iTunes or Android) or check out the web version.
- Sign in to the app using your AT&T Member ID. Don't know it? We have you covered!
- Select Network
- Choose the part of the network you want to change!
How to To change your Wi-Fi Password or Network Name (SSID) Manually
- Start by going to http://192.168.1.254
Note: you may be required to enter your Device Access Code in order to continue. The default Device Access Code can be found on the side of your gateway (this is not the same as your Wi-Fi password).
- Go to Home Network > Wireless
- Either change the Network Name (SSID) or the Password
- Changes can be made to your Wi-Fi name under Network Name (SSID)
- To change the password, change the Security from WPA-Default Key to WPA – PSK option then type your desired password in the Key section
- Save all changes made to your device
Get more details on How to Change your Password on another specific modem/gateway.
When setting up a new Wi-Fi password, don't use your name, address, birth date or other things that make it easy for someone to identify you.
Once you have successfully changed your Wi-Fi password (Key), you may need to reconnect all your Wi-Fi devices using the new password information.
Have 2Wire/Pace, go here.
David, AT&T Community Specialist