Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need help with your equipment?
janetec's profile
janetec
Complete Onboarding
#1 Star!
Picasso

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 7:31 PM

Home Network Name Changed Automatically

I tried to get onto my home network with all of my devices and could not.  Got a message that the network was not in range.  The main network at the top was called, "HOMENET".  I used my network key and it allowed me to login to HOMENET.  Anyone else have this problem?  I did not change the name of my network, it just automatically changed in the middle of the day today and disconnected all of my devices.  

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 years ago

@janetec   If you are not using WPA2-PSK(AES) wi-fi security, I'd say someone hacked in and changed it.  If you are using it, then it's one of the oddest things I've heard happen. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

janetec

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

I called AT&T and talked to a representative there and they are showing the same network name. I have a 10-digit network key on the back of my UVerse box. I checked, and it is a WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES) key. He seemed as flabbergasted as you; didn'T know what to say.

I was on my phone, then PC and then tablet this morning. At about 3 p.m. I tried to get online on all 3 devices and 2WIRE302 was not in range on any of them; all logged out. HOMENET was at the top of my sync list. I put in the network key and it was accepted.

Do some research, please. I can't be the only one that it has happened to. Thanks

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @janetec

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to help. We have not heard of any issues like this, but to be safe, we suggest changing the device access code on your gateway. If still having the problems, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, and phone number. We may need more information to be able to take any action within our systems.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

janetec

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

I talked to Tristan at UVerse Tech Support and he reset the system where my router changed back to 2WIRE302; (he said a "reboot" is not the same as a "reset") but then it immediately changed back to HOMENET again.  He then walked me through manually changing the home network name.  I had a problem changing things myself (because I had never done it) and after selecting "save" it asked for a "password" and it should say "access code".    

Also selected was "Use custom wireless network key" and we changed it back to "Use default Wireless Network Key printed on the System Label".  

My husband and I figured that it had something to do with the new UVerse Gateway - - - but why did it change a week after we got it?  Possibly a "refurbished" gateway?  I hope not.  Nevertheless, problem solved.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.