I frequently get disconnected from U-verse internet. I have several computers connected, but this is the only one that disconnects randomly. I'm right by the modem, so it's not a signal strength issue. There are 3 Windows 7 laptops connected, and this is the only one that has the disconnection issue. I haven't changed any network settings since the AT&T technician hooked it up. What I have to do is click the connection icon, disconnect and reconnect. This happens every 20 minutes or so. Sometimes it will go for 2 or 3 hours, but that is rare. The other 2 Windows 7 laptops don't lose connection.
ACE - Professor
8 years ago
Take a look at this post from Somejoe7777.
8 years ago
Also see the SJ post:
Please Read for a Potential Solution
For many people, the DHCP problems with the 2Wire/Pace/Motorola routers can be solved by configuring the RG as follows:
1. Go to http://192.168.1.254/ and find the RG's wireless configuration page.
2. Change the setting "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to Disabled.
3. Change the setting "Authentication Type" to WPA2-PSK (AES).
4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.
5. This procedure may ask for your RG's password. The default password for your RG is printed on a sticker on the side of the RG (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV and NVG589/510) or on a white sticker on the backup battery (i3812V).
Disabling WPS should help with the DHCP timeout issue and general wireless connection problems.
Setting authentication specifically to WPA2-PSK/AES improves connection reliability on Macs and other Apple products. 😉
Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more