Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Need help with your equipment?
olecowboy64's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 12:42 PM

Forwarding my ATT.net email to Yahoo.com, How to do this?

I want to forward my ATT.Net account to Yahoo.com. I do not know how to do this. Any answers?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4年前

I've now tested forwarding (to an external account).  It's similar to "classic" (and indeed shows the forwarding info in classic if you swirch to classic) but without the choice marking the forwarded email as read.  It's always store into the inbox as unread and forward to the destination.  If you want to have it marked as read you need to specify forwarding in classic or if you already set it in the new layout switch to classic to change to the mark as read setting.

To get to classic you will see a "switch to classic mail" in the bottom left of the more settings page.  Click that and you are in the classic (formally called basic) webmail layout.  Near the top, next to the square "Go" button click the popup menu and select Options.  Then click the Go button to bring up the options.  In the options click Pop & Forwarding on the left. There is where you can see and/or change the forwarding settings.  Once done click save in the blue toolbar.  To get back to the new layout click the "Switch to the newest att.net Mail" near the upper right.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4年前

Att/yahoo webmail does support forwarding but you will have to try it to see if it actually works to forward from one att/yahoo email account to another.  I think there have been posts in the past that doing that plays to "mixed reviews".

Click the settings gear -> more settings -> mailboxes -> choose account, and in the pane that comes up there's a place to specify forwarding.  Click the little slider to the the right of the word "Forwarding" to enable forwarding.  Then fill in the forwarding email address and click the "verify".  The forwarded email account will get a email address asking you to click something to acknowledge acceptance of the forwarding.   That should be all that you have to do.  Test it by sending an email to yourself from the original email account.  It should end up in the destination inbox.

Note, I know forwarding works because I have done it but to another email service.  The way it's set up in the webmail full display is slightly different than it was in the old webmail layout.   The old version is what is currently supported in the "classic" webmail.   That forwarding is always did "store and forward", i.e., it does the forwarding but also keeps a copy of the original in the inbox of the account doing the forwarding.  It just allows you to mark it read or not read there.  Since I haven't tested out the new layout's forwarding (which I swear wasn't there when this new layout first came out) I don't know if it stores and forwards too.  So that's just a heads up if you happen to see a copy still in the inbox.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.