Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
TARDIS75's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 8th, 2015 7:34 PM

Firmware Update for Motorola Arris NVG589?

Is there a firmware update that will help with router TCP/UDP options for my Mac and its features that can be installed now?  I have the ARRIS NVG589 DSL Modem. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

can they also help with dsl dropping 8-9 times daily.  having to reset bandwith and restarting modem too.  advise?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Ok,

HELLO AT&T Support.

Someone at AT&T is, no doubt, aware that a recent vulnerability in the Wireless protocol WPA2.

General information about it was released approximately October 16, 2017.

This is a recently recognized vulnerability - which of course requires a RECENT firmware update to resolve - in the Router NVG589.

My router has been "up" for 28 days now. Therefore it can't have gotten a firmware update any more recently than that.

That is not to say that the firmware does not resolve the WPA2 problem - I would not know, and Arris might have been pre-informed by the the team that found the WPA2 problem.

• IS it current? [Software Version
    9.2.2h0d88]
  • If current does it have the WPA2 fix?
  • If it does NOT have the WPA2 fix, when does Arris say that fix will be released?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Good luck getting the giant ATT to do anything but advertise directTV.......I've gotten no response from the giant other than it automatically updates it's  firmware.  So.... I guess we're to believe them.  
My next step is to install my own router/modem, see if it works and return the Arris.  I don't need their tech supporters.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

what about WPA2 AES, TKIP is no longer secure

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi - I have an ATT Uverse Modem from ARRIS NVG528, dated 2/2014.  Seems old, but I have seen comments saying that firmware is automatically downloaded to it.  What I'm wondering about is whether this router is subject to the recently published FBI issue regarding net security, from Fancy Bear hackers, and whether there's a resource to help me figure out whether I need to download updates to this router, or replace it.  I know one list of affected routers doesn't include the ARRIS products, but given the number of people out there with this, it would seem like it would be on the hackers' list.  

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

6 years ago

Never seen the NVG 528 pop up in these forums.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

Never seen the NVG 528 pop up in these forums.

Is there such an animal?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I've read you tell ppl they have the latest update for this router/modem I can assure as I'm looking at it right now I do not. And ive had the router/modem for over 3 years and that is because at&t tells it updates on its own. But again it hasnt, not once, in over 3 years.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Tide4life wrote:

I've read you tell ppl they have the latest update for this router/modem I can assure as I'm looking at it right now I do not. And ive had the router/modem for over 3 years and that is because at&t tells it updates on its own. But again it hasnt, not once, in over 3 years.

What version of the firmware do you have?

What version of the firmware do you think you should have?  Why?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.