Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
TARDIS75's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 8th, 2015 7:34 PM

Firmware Update for Motorola Arris NVG589?

Is there a firmware update that will help with router TCP/UDP options for my Mac and its features that can be installed now?  I have the ARRIS NVG589 DSL Modem. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Samsung TVs have an issue but thankfully theres a simple fix. Under the Network settings on the TV, change the DNS number to 8.8.8.8, the rest should remain the default numbers that you would get if you left the settings to automatic. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Tried that and it didn?t work. Tried about 7 other DNS #s gotten from forums and none of them worked either.

Thanks, anyway. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

try going into the routers settings and going under the NAT/Gaming section and see if your TV is listed there and open it up

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

On the SmartTV, it has a internet status that shows attempted connection between the TV and the Internet with the Arris router in between the two symbols. After the attempt, there will be a red x on the line between the TV and the router symbols and not reaching the other side of the router where there is a line from the router to the Internet symbol. I can stand right in front of the TV with my iPhone showing a strong Internet signal. All this after working flawlessly for two years.

Thanks,

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I wouldn?t know how to do that. Do you know where I could find those instructions?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

ok so on your phone or laptop, type in web address 192.168.1.254 to enter the routers settings page. then go to the firewall section (dark blue bar), and then look for nat/gaming section (line just under the dark blue bar). at some point it'll ask for the device password, this is printed on the side of the modem. once you're in the nat/gaming section, there is a pull down list. see if the samsung tv is there. if it is, it'll want to know which device needs to use this. look for the samsung tv, but it might be very tricky. it wont list the name, it'll list the ip address and some gibberish computer language. the less devices you have connected to the router, the easier it will be to narrow down which one is the tv. sometimes it'll be obvious by looking at the gibberish and it might say something like samsung. i know android phones will say android, some hewlett packard computers say HP, but other devices give no clue. either way, find your tv on the list and then submit.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Does my PC need to be wired to the router in order to do that?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

yes you have to be connected to the router, either wired or wirelessly

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been experiencing similar problems with VPN disconnects, dropped DSL connections, can't find DNS servers and the like.  I have had everyone from Support Center to Field people look at it.  The last that was done to the connection was the pair to my house was worked on.  Still occassionaly I get disconnected with errors.  They said they would replace the pairs back to the pop, but have not done so as of yet.  I wish I could get a refund.  This reminds me of the old days when the technician would tell you that it is only down for a minute or 2.  Don't they understand running applications remotely and the connection dropping might cause a major problem.

Maybe if I send the President of ATT my next airplane ticket to corporate location to work on system because I can't trust the connection here at home, might get some attention.  I know if we all would send them a bill, they would get the message.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

8 years ago

I have 9.1.0h12d34 in mine. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.