Disconnects and issues with phone service on Uverse over the past few days.
Over the past few days, I've had several outages with my Uverse. It'll come on for 2-3 minutes, then go off for 10-15. Then randomly stabilize for the half the day, only to start up again for several more hours. I'm assuming it has something to do with my SN margin.
|SN Margin (dB)||3.5||5.7|
|Line Attenuation (dB)||29.0||25.1|
|Loss of Signal||21||0|
|Loss of Frame||0||0|
This was taken just now. When its operating normally my Down/Up SN margin stays around the 14-16 range. But ever since these disconnects began, it's dropping to 5.5ish average, falling to 0 when it goes out. Sometimes 'Down' will hit 1-2 and 'Up' will jump to 100.
Here is a section from my logs.
2016-02-20T12:59:01-06:00 L3 sdb: DSL: Link showtime counter since boot 13 2016-02-20T12:59:01-06:00 L1 sdb: nm_ipv6_add_firewall: (4) 2016-02-20T12:59:02-06:00 L3 sdb: dns_lan_redirect_notify. DOWN. restart proxy 2016-02-20T12:59:02-06:00 L1 sdb: nm_ipv6_add_firewall: (4) The last message was repeated 2 times. 2016-02-20T12:59:05-06:00 L5 supp1x: Sending START Packet 2016-02-20T12:59:08-06:00 L5 supp1x: Supplicant event = SUCCESS 2016-02-20T12:59:08-06:00 L1 sdb: nm_ipv6_add_firewall: (4) 2016-02-20T12:59:12-06:00 L3 dhcpd: WARNING: server ignoring option dhcp-renewal-time in configuration file. 2016-02-20T12:59:12-06:00 L3 dhcpd: WARNING: server ignoring option dhcp-rebinding-time in configuration file. 2016-02-20T12:59:12-06:00 L1 sdb: nm_ipv6_add_firewall: (4) 2016-02-20T13:06:24-06:00 L3 dhcpd: Abandoning IP address 18.104.22.168: fcfs - forced abandon The last message was repeated 51 times.
It's also creating a problem with regular phone use. The person on the other end can hear me fine, but I can only hear about 1 out of every 3 words from their end.
I have disabled IPv6, no change. Tried a separate cord from my modem to the wall, no change. Saw no external damage to the line around my house. The only other thing I can think of is that a few days before these issues began, I had trouble accessing an educational site. DNS errors. So I swapped over to the google public DNS and that fixed it. I've swapped back since then, no change. Though things do seem a bit more stabilized when I have it set to the google DNS. Not drastically improved, it just feels like it disconnects less.
*Edit - Forgot to include my modem. Motorola NVG510.