#1 Star!
Helpful 1
Supersonic 25!
ACE - Guru

ACE - Guru

• 

906 Messages

Fri, Jun 10, 2022 2:57 AM

Disconnect ATT DSL and retain access to Yahoo/ATT Mail?

Hi there,

I will be canceling my ATT bonded pair DSL (45/6) as I need greater upstream speeds.

(I have Digital Life with 7 cameras, and Brinks requires 20Mb upstream for service)

My question:

I’ve been with ATT DSL for almost 20 years, and have an ATT.net email address with Yahoo, with many folders.

If I disconnect the DSL, can I still have access to my Yahoo mail account? I’ve Googled extensively, but have seen conflicting info…. Including several older posts about ‘deleting the ATT mail account’ and then ‘unmerging the Yahoo account’.

Many of those posts point to help pages that no longer exist, and some people say they lost all email access and neither Yahoo nor ATT would help.

Anyone here know for sure? I’m guessing I’m not the first to want to know…

Thanks.

Oh, and a shout out to @ATTDigitalLifeCS !

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Constructive

Employee

• 

28.6K Messages

2分前

As long as you leave in good standing then it will remain active. 

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

906 Messages

2分前

Thanks - appreciate that.

Do you know anything about the unmerging of the accounts, so that I won't get redirected to sign in on ATT, even after I disconnect the DSL service?

Apparently, that's a pretty critical step....  :-)

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.