Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jun 19, 2015 2:01 AM

Connecting to Facebook

No other website problems, just with Facebook i tried accessing facebook on other device  and same 

Responses

doublen

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Another day and still the same problem.This is Day 4.

fhgold

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

doublen, can you get to their facebook page via phone etc....to state a complaint there (or rant like I did)?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I was unable to access Facebook for the past 3 days, but I was able to reset the system and get back on by doing this:

1. right click wifi icon from W8 and select "Open network and sharing center"

2. left click the link next to "connections" 

3. click on the "diagnose" button

After doing this, a problem was identified and fixed on my laptop that immediately gave me access to Facebook again. Don't know if this will help everyone, but worth a try.

doublen

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, can you explain what W8 is?  I'm happy to try to re-set this.  My next step will be the public complaining on ATT FB page once I go out and find a different connection.

I just tried useless live chat again and they tried to palm me off saying it was a FB issue and giving me a useless FB "we don't handle issues viaa the phone" number.

doublen

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

sorry--just figure out it's Windows 8.  Duh.  Trying this now.

fhgold

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

You can also resetting your router by unplugging for 30 seconds and plugging back in.  Ya never know....

doublen

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Doesn't seem to have helped.  Will try this from my Desktop too.

doublen

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

At this point, I'd pour it a cocktail if it would help.

fhgold

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

LOL!  I hear ya!  It's more than frustrating.  I do business on FB so it was quite annoying.

doublen

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Still nothing--tried the diagnose problems on both desktop and laptop.  But moving forward to ATT FB rant soon.

fhgold

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

Don't be too nice.  Cat Indifferent

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

They lied. I'm in Ilinois, and have spent hours trying to connect.  I'm not that addicted to Facebook, it just annoys me when there is no announcement when so many people are involved.  Is it Facebook?  Is it AT& T?  Who knows.....no one with any authority will tell.  All I know is, I'm more irritated that no one will admit there's something wrong.  Fix It!

LadyChar

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

Can only access Facebook using verizon cell data. Cannot use my att uverse wifi to access Facebook either on my desktop computer or 3 smart devices. Can access other internet items on wifi just not Facebook . If I want to see facebook on my phone have to turn off wifi and then turn on cell data. This is day 4 on Twitter@attcares said Facebook must be down others say it is Facebook Cannot get a decent answer.out of anyone. I get notifications notices on my phone from Facebookvia wi fi but cannot access them through the app. This is getting old and Facebook or att will not admit to anything. I contacted attcares on twitter and they said Facebookmust be down and they would investigate. I am thinking it is more of an att problem I have trouble shooted my uverse internet and no problems. The wifi on my phone does work at Mcdonalds so it is not the phone. I have an iphone, ipad, nexus 7 tablet and a new computer. I have only seen one thing in the media in my search for answers : http://m.kcci.com/news/facebook-down-people-across-midwest-reporting-problems/33650176 Also you you go to www.downdetector.com and look at facebook and att either the facebook or twitter feeds you will see a lot of people are having the same issuing and no seems to help. Does att read this community help section? This is getting old. Somebody needs to man up and admit there is a problem. I don't care whose fault it is just fix it.

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@Illinoissue wrote:

They lied. I'm in Ilinois, and have spent hours trying to connect.  I'm not that addicted to Facebook, it just annoys me when there is no announcement when so many people are involved.  Is it Facebook?  Is it AT& T?  Who knows.....no one with any authority will tell.  All I know is, I'm more irritated that no one will admit there's something wrong.  Fix It!

From KCCI.com

People across the Midwest are reporting connection errors with Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

The problem is reportedly due to an outage with AT&T who operates a large part of the Internet backbone.

The outage is impacting people in Iowa, Twin Cities, Chicago and beyond.

Tech teams for local cable and network carriers are working with AT&T to try to find the fix.

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
LadyChar

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

I noticed your post on On June 18, has it been fixed.  Today is Saturday and this is my 4th day no results yet

Get started...

Ask a new question