Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jun 18, 2019 11:30 PM

Cannot Enable Device on Smart Home Manager After Blocking

I blocked my iPad about 3 months ago and still cannot get it back online. Every time I try to, I get an error message saying that the Smart Home Manager can't manage this device at the moment.

My iPad is an iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation) with iOS 12.3

My iPad works on other networks, so I don't think it is the device. I have tried rebooting my iPad and the router; forgetting my home network; renewing the lease for my home network; resetting the wireless settings on my iPad; resetting all of the settings on my iPad; entirely wiping my iPad; using the Smart Home Manager app on the computer and different devices; closing out the app; deleting the app; signing out of the app; and I even tried to go into advanced settings. Initially, I thought the issue would resolve itself, but it clearly has not and I am a little frustrated with AT&T. My laptop broke, so I bought an iMac thinking I could rely on my iPad for mobility. Unfortunately, instead of being able to do schoolwork by the pool, I am stuck in my room all day reading my e-textbooks and completing assignments for summer classes.

Someone please help so I can get a good tan and A's!

Responses

PhilipTX361

Employee

• 

8 Messages

a year ago

Is your iPad the only smart device you're having issues with when trying to connect to your wifi name? Also, what version RG do you currently have? The model name will be stensiled on the actual unit.

What I would do, for testing purposes, is try going back in your Smart Home Manager app and enable your Guest Wifi. See if whether or not you can connect to that Guest wifi name.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

@PhilipTX361 

Yes, my iPad is the only smart device I'm having issues with. Not exactly sure what an RG is, so I'm not sure that this is the information you're looking for but-- I have an Arris, Model #NVG589, software version 9.2.2h11d22.

I actually did do that yesterday, before I posted this. My iPad allows me to "connect" to both the normal and guest Wifis, however, I am still unable to get access to the internet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Did you ever figure out how to fix your problem because I'm having a similar problem?

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Hi!  I had the same problem.  Guess what worked!  On AT&T Smart Home Manager App, go to "Help".  A little Chat window will pop up.  Type in "Unblock Device".  Then it asked which one if there are too many similar devices.  Then I clicked on the correct name.  Then the automatic Chat responder said "Internet access for xxxxx has been unblocked"!!!!  This is the first that I've ever experience a Chat bot takes a command to do something that a regular menu somehow stopped working!!  I would have never thought! 

Get started...

Ask a new question