Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need help with your equipment?
baldwinry's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Apr 14, 2016 11:34 PM

Cannot connect Airport Extreme to PACE Gateway 5268AC

Hi all,

I have read nearly every answer to this issue and cannot get my airport express to work. I am novice when it comes to this so I know my basics. I cannot find this bypass mode, bridge mode, or see my router listed on the available devices. All I have is some suit-iphone, unknown(and a bunch of numbers after "unknown"), and then my home computer as available devices. Not going to lie, this may need to be in picture form if anyone can help. 

Thanks,

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.8K Messages

6 y مضت

First of all, is the AirPort Extreme connected to the pace gateway with an Ethernet cable? What are using the AirPort Extreme for?

Here is a webpage about setting it up.

https://gigaom.com/2010/03/03/how-to-setup-an-airport-extreme-in-bridge-mode/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y مضت

I found out what I was missing. I was looking at the Pace modem for the bridge, come to find out the setting was in the Airport Extreme. I did find out the "unknown######' available device was actually my Airport after looking under Settings, LAN (bold letters), Status, and scrolling down to my devices list on the Pace. Noticing the Airport (aka unknown#####) was the only device connected via ethernet. The link you provided was helpful, but my software is newer than what the article pictures were. I found the ability to change the Airport settings through Airport Utility under Network, changing the Router Mode from "DHCP and NAT mode" to Off (Bridge Mode). I am sure you knew, but if others need the reference. 

Under the Pace access, my router was finally listed by name, selected it, went to the bottom and selected DMZ+ (or whatever it is called) and hit save. Everything works, as of right now.

Thanks for assisting browndk26

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.