Need help with your equipment?
Peppgirl's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 5:57 PM

Bad Weather = No Internet?

We had DSL previously with AT&T. When our modem went out, we "upgraded" to U-Verse. We did see a difference in speed, so were happy. However, anytime it LOOKS like bad weather, we loose our internet service. (We never had this issue before our "upgrade".) Our lights start flashing like crazy indicating issues. We are directed on the computer that there is an issue and it should not be longer than 15 minutes; if so, please contact AT&T. 

I have done so a couple times and was told that when service is restored my light will go green - within 24 hours. This does not help me when I need to work from home. I cannot connect to my work files without internet. I am just wondering if I am the only one experiencing this ... The weather is not even bad enough for our satelite to lose service. I guess I don't understand how the UVerse service works ... how is the weather affecting me getting my internet? What can I do to stay connected? I have to connect with my phone which is using up my phone's data plan ...

Any help or suggestions? I've only been on this plan for a few months and so far am NOT impressed. I lose my internet at least a couple times a month and it ALWAYS seems to be when I need to connect to work from home.

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, Peppgirl!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're expriencing connectivity issues during bad weather. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send our U-veres experts a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Every time I get high winds here in SW Oklahoma I get loss of internet.So yes the weather does have something to do with Uverse.What a pile.I just want out of ATT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.