For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
muneshyne21's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 2nd, 2015 1:18 AM

AT&T phone line available but not DSL service?

Im leasing out a warehouse space in a awkward industrial area in Glendale, CA.  Not a single ISP can supply "low cost" hardwired internet to my area.  My only options AFAIK are those really expensive T1 lines (1.5mbps), dish or 4g wireless.  Our 3 neighbors are either paying $600 for a T1 line just using 4g ipads.  $600 a month is not something we can afford and 4G wirless gets expensive depending on the amount of data we might use.  

We recently found out that AT&T can actually install a phone line to our space.  If they can install the phone line, why can't I get even basic DSL service?  

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@muneshyne21 wrote:

Im leasing out a warehouse space in a awkward industrial area in Glendale, CA.  Not a single ISP can supply "low cost" hardwired internet to my area.  My only options AFAIK are those really expensive T1 lines (1.5mbps), dish or 4g wireless.  Our 3 neighbors are either paying $600 for a T1 line just using 4g ipads.  $600 a month is not something we can afford and 4G wirless gets expensive depending on the amount of data we might use.  

We recently found out that AT&T can actually install a phone line to our space.  If they can install the phone line, why can't I get even basic DSL service?  

ATT has provided only 40-45% of ATT users w/UverseTV and internet (45-3M) on VDSL2, 30-35% users w/ ADSL2+ internet (18M-768K) for those beyond VDSL2 range and 20-25% of users will get no DSL of any kind.

ATT is using ATT wireless 4G LTE to provide internet services for those w/no wireline service available.

http://www.att.com/cellphones/att/wireless-home-phone-and-internet.html#sku=sku7130587

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the info. So basically there is no chance that U-Verse will reach our doors in the near future. I guess 4g is our only reasonable option then…

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

@muneshyne21 

Eh, it's always possible. If you have enough homes in the area that all plead for service, maybe. It's pretty unlikely for them to give internet service if you don't have it already, especially if you don't have enough homes close enough.

As mentioned by my thoughts,  project VIP will be upgrading all of these abandoned areas to LTE. Sadly, this is primarily so they're forced to get LTE if they want decent speeds. There is money to be made with data caps :).

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Try calling Time Warner Business Class and ask them to provide your dialtone lines and internet.  I know here in SA, TX they will build out fiber to your building to provide those services.  If you can show them that you neighbors in the industrial park would use thier internet too, they will probably jump at the chance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.