Need help with your equipment?
evrlast985's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 18th, 2012 7:05 PM

AT&T is BLOCKING my site hosted by GoDaddy.com

my website GoBanter.com is hosted through godaddy and I have not been able to access it from any computer at my office and at my house where I have AT&T cable service. Spoke with GoDaddy customer service and they are reporting that it is a problem they are working on fixing with AT&T. 

Can AT&T block certain websites arbitrarily, is this an example of censorship like what they have in China?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

Please see the following link for one explanation for why this may be happening to you:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Can-t-get-to-specific-Web-sites-wasn-t-a-problem-in-the-past/m-p/3337591#M35378

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having this same problem too. I have numerous websites on a shared hosting account with godaddy and I'm unable to access any of them using at&t uverse, at&t dsl, and/or at&t iphones. I've tried a proxy and the sites show up, I've called godaddy and everything is working on their end. 

I need this problem solved! I have clients that are asking what is going on with their sites! I called AT&T and submitted a work ticket and I'm waiting to hear back from them. They said it would take 24 hours!

Someone Please Help!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I spoke with a customer service agent at godaddy who mentioned that a number of their sites have been blocked by AT&T and they are working on a solution but they dont know when the issue will be resolved. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Our of curiousity, can you please visit our link. I'd like to know if others are having problems viewing this site/page as well as me. I am using AT&T and not able to see the page, thanks for your help.

www.gobanter.com/?p=2693

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My provider here at work is AT&T so it doesn't show up.

However, if you use a proxy site it works just fine.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the same problem since Tuesday 10/16/2012. ATT was of no help, I sent Godaddy a request and said to Trace route and see where the problem lies. I did and sent them back the info but haven't heard from them. I know the problem is with ATT internet service as I can't log on using my iphone, house computer and work computer all on separate ATT accounts. My friends with Comcast don't have the issue. According to tracert it is failing at 99.167.141.18 owned by ATT in Richardson Texas. Hopefully we can get enough noise out and get it resolved ASAP. here is traceroute for www.an9el.com hosted by Godaddy Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\AMC>tracert an9el.com Tracing route to an9el.com [72.167.1.1] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254 2 31 ms 21 ms 20 ms 99-119-24-3.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net [99. 119.24.3] 3 38 ms 20 ms 20 ms 99.167.141.32 4 * * 29 ms 99.167.141.18 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 * * * Request timed out. 7 * * * Request timed out. 8 * * * Request timed out. 9 * * * Request timed out. 10 * * * Request timed out. 11 * * * Request timed out. 12 * * * Request timed out. 13 * * * Request timed out. 14 * * * Request timed out. 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out. 24 * * * Request timed out. 25 * * * Request timed out. 26 * * * Request timed out. 27 * * * Request timed out. 28 * * * Request timed out. 29 * * * Request timed out. 30 * * * Request timed out. Trace complete. C:\Users\AMC>

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I had no problem going to your Blog. I would say that Godaddy is the problem, not ATT.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

I am currently able to access both sites just fine via my U-Verse connection. (The an9el.com site is just an under construction page, but it loads.)

I don't believe this is willful censorship, it looks like from your traceroutes that this may have been a routing problem. AT&T frequently has routing issues like this, so this would not surprise me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I called AT&T And they stated the issue is with AT&T and they are currently trying to resalve the issue with Godaddy. I can see my site fine always could,  but I can't connect to my hosting account  using any FTP,  I get an error message like everyone else.  " Connection timed out, Failed to retrieve directory listing"

I called Godaddy and was able to get 4 months free of hosting because i pay by month for my hosting. They don't no when this is going to be fix, 8 days seems like weeks. that's how long my hosting been down.. Sucks

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

You may be better to find a local hosting company than GoDaddy. GoDaddy is about volume, not quality when it comes to hosting.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.