Need help with your equipment?
kapalua18's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Sunday, January 14th, 2018 9:14 PM

AT&T Fixed wireless internet missing port forwarding setting

Hey everyone,

I just had the fixed wireless internet installed yesterday. The service works great and is way better than HughesNet. However when I booted up my PS4 to play some Destiny 2 I got a message saying that my NAT was a type 3. Logging into the router page to setup the PortForwarding/DMZ to open up the NAT some I cannot find the proper tab. It says to go to the settings tab>Firewall>Applications, Pinholes and DMZ. I do not have that tab, the only tabs I have under firewall are Status, Advanced Config and Firewall rules. None of those tabs allow me to port forward or setup a DMZ. 

Has anyone else ran into this issue? What can I do about this? I would really prefer just to turn the firewall on the AT&T router off and just use my own router. I have the AT&T Pace 5268AC modem/router.

Thanks for your help,

Brad

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Try blazinghog .com they are.upnp..pings average .35 speeds up to 70mbs unlimited.fixed wireless is garbage for gaming just like the rest of at&t services..i pay that much or more never had a bill under $120.. Had them for 6 months..they also keep telling me we are working on it supposed to get better for gamers( highly doubtful) just blowing smoke once again..but yet att uverse has 1tb cap which is bunch of crap i think all data caps should be the same for all services.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Unfortunately I have the same issue and I’m still under the trail period. I’ve told them from the get go and have all records that I game. They said I’ll have no problems... still can’t play with friends nor chat. Att says they are improving and expanding their dsl service but I have a hook up for dsl about 50yards away. They refuse to allow me to get dsl Bc they have to install a new line. 

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I  have played fortnite on my pc at my house with my nephew while he plays on his PS4 at his house, no problem.  When they bring their PS4 here they can do pretty much everything, no issues.  The PS3 however had problems when we tried to join each others games. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Would i be able to run pc games on fixed wireless, i have great signal in my location, and posably no one useing the internet service un my area.. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

If you have a requirement to open a port (port forwarding) such that you can allow play with others I am afraid you are out of luck. AT&T fixed wireless does not currently provide that capability. Can’t say if they ever will.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Idk what "Port Forwarding" means?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Inbound port forwarding doesn't require a static IP address. It will work with the current external, publicly-routed IP address on the Internet side of the router.

All port forwarding requires is a firewall rule at the router which will allow inbound traffic and then an appropriate port forwarding configuration with Network Address Translation.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I've had fixed wireless for 5 months and havent had any problems gaming either. Though my latency is usually around 70ms on Xbox Live, but lately its been 90ms. Just curious of what ur latency is on Xbox Live?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

What is ur latency on Xbox live? Mine is 70ms usually, but lately its been around 90 to 100ms

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I get 25-40ms on all services usually. Occasionally it'll drop closer to
50ms but is very temporary.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.