For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
R

• 

10 Messages

Friday, June 12th, 2020 4:40 PM

ASUS RT-AC68u behind a BGW210-700

I have a ASUS RT-AC68u that was setup with all the Cameras and devices. Now, we just got a BGW210 and we would like to place the AC68u behind it. The address to the ASUS is 192.168.10.1  how would I set it up behind the BGW210? 

Any pointers , links, etc. would be very appreciated.

Thanks

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

4 years ago

Put the bgw210 into ip passthrough. Leave the ASUS lan ip the same as it is now. Leave the bgw210 on its default ip. 

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-equipment/strict-nat-bridge-mode-what-is-ip-passthrough-can-i-enable-on-my-arris-bgw210-or-like-router/5defbfffbad5f2f606ad5ed2

• 

10 Messages

Thanks so much brownbk26 really appreciate your suggestion. Will try it and let you guys know. I had another provider and now switching to ATT. and was in doubt on what to do. Al my cameras and devices are iped with 192.168.10. xx.

Hope it works

Thanks again.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

If you have trouble accessing your cameras, post here for help

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/network

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

OK, browndk26, this is what I gather to do:

1)Go to Firewall > set it to Pas-through

Set it to MANUAL

Input the MAC Address of the RT-AC68u 

2) Goto HOME NETWORK 

set to DHCP Server to OFF

3) Cascade Section     (not sure about this)

ON

Cascade router set to 0.0.0.0

4) LAN NETWORK Address 192.168.10.1 (actual address of the AC68 router)

SUB NET MASK to 255.255.255.0          (    "           "                   ")

5) SAVE here

6) Disable WiFi for 2.4 and 5.  Radio on the BGW210 (not too sure on this)

7) Under IP Allocation. Should I set an IP for the AC68u?

Now, on the AC68u I have now a STATIC IP setup in WAN (I have one working) Enclosed is a picture. What should I input in the 1-2-3-4 slots?

Please correct and suggest anything on this.

Thanks for any help.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

Don’t turn on cascading in the gateway. When I get home later I’ll post my ASUS wan settings. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

Great !!!   Also, I'm enclosing a passthrough section with some doubts.

NO Cascade. Then. 

How about turning off the Radios?

Fantastic browndk26  THANKS.-

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This is alternative to Bridge mode, right, so only thing you need to change on ASUS router is what is in the screenshots and disable wifi radios on gateway?

Other questions:

1. WAN Port of Router Connects to 1 or 4 yellow ports of Gateway?
  2. Is Mac Address in screenshot on Gateway that of router?
  3. Will the USB port of the router work with this method (to attach a hard drive for example)?
  4. In the ASUS screenshot DHCP is not automatic, that is just user preference right, I can leave it to automatic?

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

Router firewalls will need to be turned on. Gateway firewall and packet filters turned off. 

Whether the USB port works on the router is dependent on the router features. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks.  Went to packet filters and turned it off..  What else on the gateway do I turn off?   

Also where on the router (ASUS)  should I double check that firewall is on ?  I was using it with cable so I did not disable anything

The IP also looks like it is a 162.xxx.x.xxx address but I can still access ASUS  router using 192.168.1.1, Update:  The 162 is my public WAN address

My ASUS Firewall settings:

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.