Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 6:08 AM

ARRIS NVG589

Hi,

My power went out last night and when it came back on my wireless was out. I had settings saved (2wire) but when power came back on, the Wi-Fi network is no longer there. After resetting the gateway a couple times, I can see that the Wi-Fi network now starts with arris and not 2wire or even the network name on the actual box - starts with att5a...all the lights on the box are green but I cannot get on the internet even by plugging in an Ethernet directly into the computer from the box. Any advice? Tech isn't supposed to come out for another 3 days ugh.

Thank you 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

13.9K Messages

2 years ago

If gateway is on default settings...

The SSID and password would be on BLACK label with advance settings, serial number, etc.

You do not have a battery backup in the 589 do you? If yes, unplug the gateway, turn upside down, remove cover, remove battery.... Set gateway up, plug in power, when power light goes solid green depress and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.

In about 5 minutes gateway should be good, try connecting using the default info on side of unit.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for the reply. I had seen some things about the battery on other posts, but when I opened the cover there wasn't one in there. I had not tried the to unplug and then hold power button for 30 seconds, but that unfortunately did not work either. Still only an arris network id and not att and the box says it should be.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

13.9K Messages

2 years ago

Time fo call 1-800-288-2020 to have gateway replaced.....

Options are direct ship, you replace and return old unit via UPS or FEX. As this is Sunday nothing shipped till Monday, receive either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Or schedule a tech service call, appointments are available 7 days a week depending on number of open slots available. Appointments are generally two hour time slots... 8-10, 10-12, 12-2, 2-4. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.