Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sat, May 7, 2016 9:43 PM

arris nvg589 has red light at ethernet cable plug when plug netgear gs108v4 8 port switch in

at&t uverse installed arris nvg589 gatewat and netgear gs 108v4 8 port gigabit smart switch. all the ports for computer, printer are green as expected, the port for th netgear switch is red, but, anything I plug into the netgear switch works. Is this a problem, do I need to do something?

Responses

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply and so quickly. Have a great week.

forkliftguy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My modem broadband 2 light is constantly blinking red. This happened three times in August, three different technician came out each time. Third tech managed to fix it but fix only lasted just over a month. They sent me another new modem (one of the previous techs had changed it out) but tests on modem showed it was defective. I installed it and it worked fine for a day. Now it's back to broadband 2 light blinking red, connection drops on dish hopper and Xbox one. This has been an endless problem and AT&T didn't even give me discount on bill for all my Uverse internet connection loss.
Dgaxe1987

Employee

• 

69 Messages

4 years ago

what type of connection do you have do you know? i'd assume its bonded pair(2 pairs) if its looking for broadband 2. usually that means you have a line issue with that line.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Line technician came out too back in August, (22nd) since first tech 's fix (Aug. 5) didn't last more than a week. Then that fix only lasted three days. The tech that came out on Aug. 26 fixed issue, that is, until last week

Get started...

Ask a new question