Need help with your equipment?
jdoerner's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 13th, 2015 11:43 PM

Amazon Prime videos crash within 1 minute of playback.

I have an Amazon Prime account and I watch videos on my TV with a Nintendo Wii attached for my wi-fi connection.  It has always worked fine when my ISP was Time Warner.  After switching to U-verse, any videos I rent will crash during playback, usually within 1 minute.  Then an error message pops up saying the video is experiencing diffculties & to try again later.  Additional attempts are always unsuccessful.  This problem began when I switched my provider to U-verse.  My internet plan is Max Plus (18 mbps) which is advertised as "great" for downloading videos.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem so that I can use my Amazon Prime account again with U-verse?  Thanks!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

Can you connect your player using an Ethernet cable to test?  Do you have your own wireless router that you could connect to the RG as an Access Point and let your player connect to that?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the response!

Neither my Wii box or my TV have an ethernet connection to try your test.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

@jdoerner wrote:

Thanks for the response!

Neither my Wii box or my TV have an ethernet connection to try your test.

Okay, then, how about the other suggestion (Do you have your own wireless router that you could connect to the RG as an Access Point and let your player connect to that?)

I have connected to several video services from my BluRay player over WiFi to a Wireless Rourter connected to the RG without issue.  I also connect to Amazon Instant Video using an Amazon Fire Stick via WiFi.  When I tried to user Amazon Instant Video from my BluRay player, I had to switch to a cable (even though it worked with other video services).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry, no other wireless router!

BTW..what's an RG?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

RG is short for Residential Gateway.  The Combination modem and router that AT&T provides you for connection to their network.  It also contains some pretty lame WiFi capability.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.