Need help with your equipment?
jtntski's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 31st, 2016 12:36 PM

45 mbps max tier?

I have 45 mbps power internet service.  I have been trying to twitch stream and have some issues because the upload bandwidth allotted is very close to the bandwidth of the twitch stream. I was wondering if ATT has plans to create higher upload speed tiers or more tiers in general of internet speed.  According to my router I have plenty of theoretical bandwidth, I just can't purchase it. 

Screen shot from my route:

http://i.imgur.com/7kWdnkw.png

maverick13_1

Employee

• 

78 Messages

7 years ago

Based on your stats provided there should be no reason they should not be able to provide you.. you have 130+ down and 24 up that meats the reqiremets on the next profile. May just need someone that understands that or a tech to apply the correct info

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I contacted Sales and support today.  Initially sales said there was nothing they could do since the service wasn't offered in my area.  I then called support and the support guy said he couldn't make any changes to the account since he wasn't authorized and transfered me to sales again. Sales said then said they could have someone test my line in the next 7 days and see if I can get the 75 mbps tier.  Hopefully this is the right way of going about things.

maverick13_1

Employee

• 

78 Messages

7 years ago

If you are home when the tech is there ask them to try and apply the 90mb profile which allows the 75 mb hisa. As I can not see any distances, I am just going based on your posted information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.