Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Tyler7156's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, May 20, 2014 7:39 PM

Wireless will not connect (limited connectivity) but ethernet is fine

Right now the wireless on my laptop will not connect properly to the my ATT router. It technically connects, but comes up with an error that says "Limited Connectivity".  I've tried resetting my computer, the router, everything multiple times.

Strangly, the ethernet connects without any problems at all. I plug it in and all is perfect.

I just got this router, but it wasn't working on my prior router either. It's an ATT router that the technician installed... Do I need to register my laptop wireless or something?

Also, I was able to set-up my Nook to the wireless and my iPhone to the wireless with no problems at all. It's just my computer that will not connect properly.

The only thing that I've done recently is install the new VPN software "Cisco AnyConnect" in order to access my company's VPN.

What steps should I take to try and resolve? Thank you

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.6K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Tyler7156 

It sounds to me as some sort of IP conflict. Do you have other PCs on your network? Try googling "Limited Connectivity troubleshooting", or "network IP conflicts" for step by step suggestions. You can also try running your computer's connection troubleshooting wizard.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question