Will configuring my PACE 5268AC in DMZplus mode allow me to use my tp-link AC4000 for all it can do?
**STUCK with having to use my Pace 5268AC for my U-Verse internet service**
For now I have it set up as an "Access Point" but I want to take advantage of its more advanced features.
So my questions for you are below:
- Are the following steps really all I need to do in order to make that happen?
Config AT&T Router for Passthrough
The passthrough mode for 2Wire/gateways in referred to as DMZplus mode. The device that you would like to be placed in DMZplus must be connected directly to the gateway and configured to obtain an IP address through DHCP.
- Open a browser on a computer that is directly connected to the RG.
- In the address bar, enter http://192.168.1.254.
- In the GUI select Settings, then Firewall, and then Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ.
- Under Select a Computer, click the device name or IP address of the device you wish to put in DMZplus mode.
- Select the Allow all Applications(DMZplus mode) radio button.
- Select Save.
- **When configured for IP Passthrough (Passthrough Mode) the AT&T provided gateway shares its Dynamic WAN IP address with a single device on the LAN.**. (So my question is does that "one device" need to be the AC4000 that I want to use?)
- When a device is configured in passthrough mode, it will be assigned a WAN IP instead of a LAN IP. Other devices connected to your gateway may no longer be able to share files with the device in passthrough mode.(So all that means, is "I'm not going to plug anything else into the Pace router, and I need to use the AC4000 router for everything correct?
Thank you for your help