jayrd79's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 7th, 2022 8:48 PM

Will configuring my PACE 5268AC in DMZplus mode allow me to use my tp-link AC4000 for all it can do?

**STUCK with having to use my Pace 5268AC for my U-Verse internet service**

For now I have it set up as an "Access Point" but I want to take advantage of its more advanced features.

So my questions for you are below:

• Are the following steps really all I need to do in order to make that happen?

Config AT&T Router for Passthrough

2Wire/Pace Gateways

The passthrough mode for 2Wire/gateways in referred to as DMZplus mode. The device that you would like to be placed in DMZplus must be connected directly to the gateway and configured to obtain an IP address through DHCP.

1. Open a browser on a computer that is directly connected to the RG.
  2. In the address bar, enter http://192.168.1.254.
  3. In the GUI select Settings, then Firewall, and then Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ.
  4. Under Select a Computer, click the device name or IP address of the device you wish to put in DMZplus mode.
  5. Select the Allow all Applications(DMZplus mode) radio button.
  6. Select Save.
  • **When configured for IP Passthrough (Passthrough Mode) the AT&T provided gateway shares its Dynamic WAN IP address with a single device on the LAN.**. (So my question is does that "one device" need to be the AC4000 that I want to use?)
  • When a device is configured in passthrough mode, it will be assigned a WAN IP instead of a LAN IP. Other devices connected to your gateway may no longer be able to share files with the device in passthrough mode.(So all that means, is "I'm not going to plug anything else into the Pace router, and I need to use the AC4000 router for everything correct?

Thank you for your help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

I'd say you have a good handle on the setup and your own comments are correct. Of course those references to IP Passthrough in your bullet points should be DMZ+ but the info given is correct for either methods.

You'd want to disable the wifi radios on the Pace when setting things up this way so as to not interfere with the TP-Link's wifi.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks Tony!

So far so good, everything worked without a hitch.  Performance and features are much better on the TP-Link WiFi vs. the stock AT&t Pace, so I am definitely glad I switched.  MIMO and link aggregation make a huge difference, so from a wireless network standpoint it blows away what the Pace could do, especially for streaming, gaming, and conferencing applications. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

Great news, thanks for coming back to update on your progress!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.