Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Apr 21, 2019 4:10 AM

WiFi accessed from neighbors

neighbors seem to be able to use my WiFi/data at any time. I have changed password. blocked contacts. n yet they are still able to access their way in. I have been told different ways of entering. for 1 was thru messaging. n to turn off delivery reports. there is no such choice in those settings. myself not being "internet" friendly. I lose my patience going round n round in a circle. I would just like for others to stop using my service for their convience. 

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

a year ago

How do you know your neighbors are connected to your wifi? Neighbor would have to have your wifi password to connect to your network. This would require someone in your home to provide the password. Plug that leak and your problem will go away.

*** Let's Think >Inside< The Box - See The Orange Box At The Top? ***

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

I have been told different ways of entering.

So you are basing this conclusion on what others have told you and not based on any real facts?Man Surprised  As stated above if they don't know your wifi password they aren't getting in.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Transponder

ACE - Scholar

• 

378 Messages

a year ago

Where are you changing your password? Are you doing it on the wifi page of your gateway?

I bring this up because you said you blocked contacts. There are no contact settings in the gateway.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…