Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 7:00 AM

What seems to be my problem?

So for around a week now my Internet goes in an out repetedly from around 12:00 pm and doesnt become stable all the way till around 1:00 am we contacted services, they gave us a new modem router, didnt work, they checked inside our house see if any cables where messed up, didnt work and just yesterday another person came to check the big wooden pole holding the cables and said that the problem was we where just to far from the cabinet box thing. said we where a few hundred feet too far and said that there was one wire attached from their to our house and to fix it, they will install two wires. so i need to know if that was the problem, why has my internet started to fail me now? nothing weather related has happened its just very hot ouside but thats all if any one has any other solutions please help

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

21 days ago

The limited time frame suggests noise on the line, if you have a low signal noise ratio, a noisy line can result in intermittent service. The suggestion of moving from a single pair to bonded pair (2 lines) is to share the load, splitting the signal allowing for increased noise margin.

Check your gateway stats using 192.168.1.254, post the stats please if wish for more info. Max rate, user rate, noise margin, protocol

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

6 Messages

19 days ago

TypeDownUp
User Rate60026 kbs13055 kbs
Max User Rate60838 kbs26616 kbs
Noise Margin11.6 dB13.8 dB
Attenuation18.3 dB19.5 dB
Output Power14.4 dBm1.8 dBm
ProtocolG.993.2_17a

• 

6 Messages

19 days ago

sorry for the late response, i meant to responde yesterday but completly forgot, i hope you can still provide more info

• 

6 Messages

19 days ago

btw these are the stats when the internet is working (currently now) if it changes things i can try to get the stats when the internet is NOT working.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

17 days ago

anyone?

Get started...

Ask a new question