Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
F

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Nov 24, 2020 6:02 AM

What is the problem between GotW3 and AT&T Internet?

Earlier this year we signed up for an AT&T Rural Internet plan which is provided by RevGen Network’s GotW3. We had to purchase an LTE CPE router through GotW3. Initially the service was great, a big improvement over Viasat’s Exede satellite internet so were very happy. Then a few months ago we were told by GotW3 that AT&T was making some changes that would require us to update our APN. As soon as we made the change our service tanked! GotW3 then said we needed to change our SIM card and that would fix the problem. GotW3 sent us a new SIM card which we installed and activated as directed at the end of October. This did not fix the problem. In fact it made it worse!! The service is terrible, much worse than satellite which we now regret changing. 

Now GotW3 says we’re being throttled by AT&T for some unexplained reason. They say they are working to resolve the situation but have not given much more information than that and have given no timetable for resolution. It’s impossible to get any support from GotW3 only vague and cryptic messages on their website. The last update posted was dated Nov. 10th. We feel like we’re getting the run around from GotW3 and we’re giving up hope that they are going to fix the problem. 

Before we change back to satellite, which we would really prefer not doing, we thought we should check with AT&T Internet Support to see if they can help us. Anyone out there have any information or contacts at AT&T that might help? Any assistance or suggestions are much appreciated!!

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.8K Messages

2 months ago

You can check your address online to see if ATT service is available...

If ATT does not offer service at your address then will need to consider other ISP options.

Is your service FIXED WIRELESS or standard HOTSPOT?

State? Zip Code?

ATT FIXED WIRELESS is available to 1.1 million addresses within 18 states where ATT accepted CAF-II funding... must be in an area where ATT is the ILEC, not a different telco provider such as CenturyLink, Frontier, TDS, Windstream, etc. 

https://about.att.com/story/2018/fixed_wireless_rural_america.html#:~:text=AT%26T%20is%20using%20its%20Fixed,%2C%20Tennessee%2C%20Texas%20and%20Wisconsin.

AT&T is using its Fixed Wireless Internet to meet much of this FCC commitment in parts of the following 18 states:  Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. 

If your address is not eligible for FIXED WIRELESS, but your within range of ATT cell tower, consider the ATT HOMEBASE product, aka HOTPSOT.

EDIT... found a different provider for GotW3 product on youtube...

https://youtu.be/eWIxyBgN_Aw

Note... if wish to stay with RevGen, you would be their customer, they would be your provider... all service, product questions will need to be addressed thru the provider. 

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks @my thoughts for your response. Unfortunately we are not in a Fixed Wireless Area here in Upstate New York. We are GotW3 customers but AT&T is involved somehow since we pay for the rural internet service on our AT&T invoice and the router is pinging off an AT&T cell tower that is about 2 miles away. Im just trying to figure out what’s really going on since I don’t feel like we’re getting the full story. GotW3 says they are all hands on deck working on a fix and are too busy to respond to individual questions or complaints. They say AT&T is throttling their LTE CPE routers which leaves their customers with a basically useless connection. But it’s been almost a month now since we swapped and activated our SIM card. 

I suspect this is not purely a technical issue since I run Spoedtest frequently. Most times my speeds are severely throttled (0.05 download .11 upload at 9:02am this morning for example) but every few days I will get normal speeds for a few minutes (22.0 download 16.2 upload at 8:58am this morning) But then within a few minutes the speeds go back to being throttled.  So the router does work and is communicating with the AT&T cell tower. 

Since we can’t get a straight answer (or any answer) from GotW3 we thought we’d try AT&T since you have many more people and resources than RevGen. There must be someone or some team at AT&T who are aware of this situation. I’m wondering if there is some dispute between AT&T and RevGen that we’re not aware of. 

I understand that you may not be aware of the specifics Of this situation but could you please escalate this to the team that works with RevGen or the AT&T Rural Internet service?  I would really appreciate any insights or feedback they may be able to provide. 

many thanks for your help!!

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

We are experiencing the same frustration. Both working from home without internet. Now we have to pack up our two year old, all of our work related items, lunches etc and commute to a family members home everyday for internet access.  
as we’ve reached out to Got 3 numerous times without any real answers we would really appreciate knowing what’s going on.  
having recently purchased this home unknowingly without traditional internet service Got 3 was a blessing.  Or so we thought.  Now we are scrambling for a new provider that won’t quote us a $20,000 installation fee.  Please help.  

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.8K Messages

2 months ago

@Jenncharles What state, zip code are you in?

As your not an ATT customer, not sure what you expect here on a user to user forum. Cannot call ATT have to call your provider...

To check other providers for your zip code but may not be for your address... https://broadbandnow.com/

EDIT... if within range of ATT cellular service may consider the mobility product... HOMEBASE aka HOTSPOT.

https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

It appears that something is going on between Got3 and AT&T.   And interestingly, we paid for a att SIM card, put it in our Got3 device and had perfect internet until last night when I paid for more prepaid data and att took my money but is not providing service.  
Numerous phone calls for support yielded nothing. 
desperate as we are, im exploring all areas hoping for help and answers to our plight. Looks to me like ATT could use a dose of a good old fashioned heart and help all of us out.   Clearly they have the capability.  
and we are in Olympia WA

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.8K Messages

2 months ago

https://broadbandnow.com/Washington/Olympia?zip=98501

Main hardwired providers will be Comcast (cableco) or CenturyLink (telco).. satellite providers or some very limited smaller companies.

ATT Mobility hotspot if wish to be an ATT customer.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.8K Messages

2 months ago

Question is why would you pay ATT for more data?

My understanding is you pay your provider of the GOTW3 service, generally using a credit card 

https://www.gotw3.com/faq

have a valid credit card on file for your monthly subscription fee.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I can see from some of the answers below that the comments above are not clearly understood.  The issue is that "we" live in rural areas, where there aren't many choices, it's either cellular or satellite internet.  So yes, IF AT&T provided us a choice then we could choose it.  But for now, we are with GOTW3.  The issue is that they have been basically down since 10/24 GOTW3 who is using AT&T says it's AT&T.  Not them, but their provider.  We don't really care who it is, we just want it fixed after 6 weeks.  It is hard to believe that a company could have an outage this long.  I believe a lot of it if it is AT&T is that they just don't care about rural users.  

I believe it's time after the 15 years that I have been forced to use AT&T for cell service and other services update their equipment.  Rural users need the internet just as much as anyone else.  And now with COVID-19, really this is the best you can do?  

Again, I don't care if it's AT&T or GOTW3, I just want it fixed.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Has anyone received any updates that work?! We’ve been without service since 10/24 and they’ve had no issue pulling my payments, but are doing NOTHING to fix the issue. I’m at my limit and don’t know what to do! Gotw3 is not doing anything. I’ve spoke to them so so many times and they tell me they’ll check with a manager and call me back in the morning. And I never receive any more information than that. I’ve already been sent the new firmware update that was “going to fix the throttled speeds.” And incase anyone is waiting for that, don’t hold your breath! It doesn’t fix anything. 

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Hello Everyone,

I recently contacted the Texas state government over this matter as I am tired of waiting on hold or not getting any response whatsoever from RevGen on the issue. I just sent the email, but I hope to hear from them soon. This situation is ridiculous and is irresponsible and sorely mishandled as they need to have regular contact and provide constant updates to their consumers. Most people would have left the company already for another ISP, but unfortunately, I don't have that luxury as I live in the boonies like many others. So, until Starlink by Tesla goes live, I will have to continue to make do with my AT&T hotspot until RevGen gets back online or Starlink becomes available.

SJMaye61

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

a month ago

I have a gamer buddy in rural upstate New York with exactly the same issue except he has never had service at all.  He must have bought it while all this was going on, tried to boot it up only to find no service.  Like all of you he has gotten nowhere with GOTW3.

So you guys have really been without service since October?  Holy Cow.

Is there a way to use the GOTW3 modem / router and just purchase service directly from AT&T?

• 

1 Message

25 days ago

We’ve been having issues with our GOTW3 since October. Never can get anyone on the phone to discuss the issue. We’ve requested a callback from them more times than I can count. They’ve only called back twice and once I tell them the issue, the call is conveniently ended. I don’t understand how once a week ours will work for a few hours then goes back to absolutely nothing. And I had the strangest thing happen last week. I went out to my vehicle which has at&t WiFi. The signal wasn’t picking up so I contacted them using my onstar. The lady sent a signal to my Yukon trying to get the WiFi back up and going for me. It worked and a few minutes later, my son comes outside and said “hey momma, our GOTW3 is working perfectly.” Sure enough, after she sent the signal to my vehicle, the Gotw3 in the house started working. Nevertheless I’m sick of their crap. I’m In nursing school and have to have reliable internet as some of my classes are online. We’ve been patient since October and I have zero patience left. If they can’t handle their business, they never should’ve offered it. First thing Monday I’m requesting a refund and changing provider. I’m also contacting the Better Business Bureau. This is ridiculous and all they’re doing is ripping people off! 

• 

2 Messages

18 days ago

Any updates from anyone?. I am in the same boat as the rest of you. In a rural  area with no other choices. GW3 worked wonderful originally early this year until October. And I will randomly get one or two days with real Internet before it’s gone again. I am hopelessly waiting for this update that they say they will contact me personally but not yet have I heard anything. I do have a AT&T hotspot that my work purchased for me. That will give me about 18 gig per month. So I know the tower works great. It’s obviously something between got W3 and AT&T and I don’t understand it.  And I don’t think anyone here is blaming AT&T we’re just trying to see if AT&T can help us understand why gotW3 is blaming AT&T. 

It’s funny that most of the addresses that are available for a home Internet are those who can connect with real wire anyway. As rural folks are (Edited per community guidelines). Maybe starlink will get here one day. Until then I guess I’ll save my cans and string in case I need to communicate with my neighbors who live 3 miles away. 

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question