Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Feb 18, 2020 11:52 PM

What are the list of current AT&T UVerse modems?

I have had AT&T UVerse since it was avaliable in my area. I have not really had an issue with them. But recently I was having issues with the 2Wire 3801HGV modem. First it was having issues with Wi-FI and then it either started rebooting or needed to be rebooted to connect to the internet. It was replace with the same model. The new one worked for about 2 days just long enough for us to send back the old one. The it really started having issues. Call Tech Support and was told they would be sending out the newest one. Not the 2Wire 3801HGV but the newest one they had. Now two modems later I now have 3 2Wire 3801HGV's at my house and I am still waiting for the newest Modem AT&T UVerse has to offer. So, I was wondering what models does AT&T currently support?

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14.4K Messages

a month ago

You were recently shipped a 3801 gateway from ATT in 2020?

Current tech truck stocked models include the...

589... 2.4Ghz b/g/n wireless with (4) 100/1000 ethernet ports

599.... dual band 2.4Ghz b/g/n and 5Ghz n/ac wireless with (4) 100/1000 ethernet ports

5268... dual band same as 599

these three have coax connectors for coax IPTV receivers and both broadband 1,2 + service light

210-700... dual band same specs as 599, 5268

but no coax output with only three lights... power, broadband and phone (voip)

what may be shipped from garage will depend on what is available at shipment....

however the 3600, 3800, 3801 and 510 are all EOL (end of life), would not expect these to be shipping unless no inventory available of newer models.

Note the faster internet speeds of 45, 50, 75, 100, 300, 1000 should be dual band model

Slower speeds would likely be the 589.

unsure where the 5031 and 5168 models are listed as have not seen them in awhile but do not recall them being listed as EOL either.

Single line only gateway models are 3600, 3800, 3801, 5031, 510

Bonded gateway models supporting both broadband connections are 3812 (inid), 5168, 5268, 589, 599, 210-700

If you have, were a 3801 this is single pair, internet speed of 24 or less.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Yes, I have been shipped 4 3801s in the last 2 weeks. And no one can send me a newer model.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14.4K Messages

Interesting.... what speed tier do you have?

And more importantly how is the gateway connected?

I am questioning your connection as possible the 3801 may be the only gateway that will work with your existing service without having a tech dispatch.

One possibility would be your on a DIPLEXER (COAX) connection instead of standard DSL (GREEN) port. The only (2) gateways that supported this type of install is the 3800 and the 3801. Without completing rewiring from the NID to the gateway location the only model that could be sent would be the 3801 as the 3800 is an even older model.

The other possibility is your an older BPON fiber install, instead of GPON using the RED port on gateway... from memory, the BPON only supported the 3801 gateway. To have a different gateway would need a tech dispatch to upgrade (replace) the BPON ONT to the newer G010 ONT which may require new fiber line to be installed or extended.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

No I had DSL coming in from the phone line before UVerse and I am connected to the green port on the 3801. By the way today they are sending another 3801 to my house. Last night on the phone they told me I would be getting the 210-700 but today I just looked and it is the 3801. So now at att.com has me having five 3801 modems under My equipment.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

They are now saying that the 3801HGV is the latest modem available in my area. Everybody else has was telling me that I could get a newer modem but now they are saying that 3801 is it. I am very unhappy now.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…