Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, May 29, 2019 5:46 PM

Want to use ASUS RT-AC3200 router with AT&T BGW210 modem

Note: I will refer to the ASUS device as "router" and the AT&T modem/router combo as the "modem"

I am attempting to use my ASUS router with the BGW210 modem.

I went to the IP settings, set allocation mode to passthrough, made the mode fixed, and then chose my router from the device list.

What changed: The "internet" LED on the router went from red to white. However, I cannot access internet on the wifi channels coming from the router. if I go to the router's control panel, it states the the internet connection is "disconnected."

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you,

DD

Edit: Pictures attached

ss1.jpgASUS Router PageSS2.jpgBGW-210 IP Passthrough Settings Page

2 Attachments

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

10 months ago

Change the ASUS lan ip to .2.1

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

I have a RT-AC88U behind the BGW210 with great results.  Passthough is pretty straightforward and from the screenshot looks correct.  There are a few questions.

1.  Are you certain the correct MAC address is chosen?

2.  Have you restarted the wireless router?

3.  Is the Ethernet cable coming from an Ethernet port on the BGW210 to the WAN port of the router?

4.  Is the WAN port configured for DHCP rather than static?

in my experience I configured passthrough, cabled the RG and the router, then restarted the router and all was good.  if push comes to shove you can try doing a factory reset of the router, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

Yes to all of the above. 

I've restarted everything and made sure the router is set to accept a dyanmic IP... I'm nonplussed 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

Bravo! This was in fact the solution. Was there any issues with the subnet begin exactly the same? Hrmmm...

I have an additional unrelated question. If you don't have any ideas, I will start a new thread, but since you seem to be familiar with this setup I have an additional inquiry for you.

I'm having speed issues. If I use the modem to run a speedtest in the diagnostic panel, I'm getting around 970 mb.  When I run a straight speed test directly from router to my computer, I max out at around 180 download Cat6e, but 600 upload.... I take this as meaning that the modem/router is directly limiting the bandwidth in a given ethernet line, which doesn't make sense.

The speed issue is compounded by the use of the second router. If I use the original modem/router 5ghz, I can get about 400 mb download speed. If I use the AUSUS router, I can only get about 98 mb download. A similar trend is observed for the 2.5 ghz.

So, the fastest speed I've been able to achieve on the computer is not through ethernet from the modem, but from the 5gz. Why is this? Is there a firewall or bandwidth setting I can enable so that I can throw the entire bandwidth through the Cat6e on a single line?

• 

1 Message

@mavel2ick The solution of changing the IP address to .2.1 was effective? I am having the same issues you had on my new ATT setup with Asus AC88U.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

10 months ago

@mavel2ick  is QOS on? If yes try turning it off. Turn off the gateway firewall. I’m on the 25 speed so I cannot offer any other ideas. 

Try posting your question here too. 

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/uverse

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

I am having a ASUS RT-AC3200 router. Initially I am struggling to configure the router settings. But I fix this issue by changing lan IP. Now the issue is windows error​​​​, my windows laptop is not working properly. For more information please click the link below https://hptechnicalsupportphonenumbersusa.com/fix-windows-error-0x80248007-hp-device/

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…