AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jun 9, 2015 12:45 PM

Want to change WiFi password

I want to change my WiFi password to block access to a teenager on restriction.  How do I do this?  Thanks!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @RNDime

To change your wireless password, you must first go to http://192.168.1.254

Once there, you should find a section called "Wireless" which is typically under the "Home Network" or "Settings" tab of your gateway's interface if you don't see a quick link to the page.

Once there, you should be able to edit the wireless password line. If you have a Motorola/Arris gateway, you need to change the security from "WPA - Default Key" to "WPA - PSK" before you can edit the password.

After doing so, click save and enter the "Access Code" which is located on the side of the gateway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

davidbk

Administrator

• 

379 Messages

5 years ago

Your Wi-Fi network name and password connects all of your wireless devices to your AT&T home Internet. Find yours now at: Find your Netgear 7550 Wi-Fi network name and password.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

davidbk

Administrator

• 

379 Messages

5 years ago

You can change your Wi-Fi network password to personalize your home network and help protect it from outsiders. Find out more at: How to change your Wi-Fi network password – 2Wire 2701.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks so much!

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

5 years ago

@RNDime

Glad I was able to help :).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I keep getting "safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" please help...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

yes

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How do I change the wifi password
_xyzzy_

Expert