Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
C

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Nov 30, 2020 3:56 AM

Uverse connection randomly lost zip 92130

Randomly throughout the day I lose all uverse service Phone TV internet. The gateway starts clicking TV reports signal lost, phone no dialtone, Then the gateway clicks a few times and signal is restored. Between 1930 and 1945 on 11/29 the signal was lost and recovered 4 times. For this I am paying $285/month?

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.8K Messages

2 months ago

Have you called and scheduled a service appointment?

Has the tech been out?

If yes, did they have to refer the ticket to outside tech?

Which gateway do you have?

For how long?

Possible issue is wiring outside, wiring inside, poor power to gateway, noise on the ac line, Foreign Voltage to the gateway causing rebooting...

There are other possibilities, but the above covers the major ones I would consider first.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

The gateway is a 3800HGV. ATT told me that they will notm replace the gateway if it is working and no fail indications. This is an outside fault because it always self corrects after a minute or so. I never liked the VDSL twisted pair phone line idea but when its up is work good. 

The last tech suggested that I install RG6 coax all around outside my house from the demarc into the back of the house where my router is located. Ain't gonna happen at my expense. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.8K Messages

2 months ago

Need a different RG to start... the 3800 is 10 years old...

If have UVERSE VOIP service then likely have a Belkin BBU (black or gray model)

If yes, unplug the gateway before calling in, for no service... need a gateway either direct shipped or schedule a tech visit.

As support not wanting to sent a tech suggests testing does not show a line problem, either outside or inside... thus left with poor power such as aged BELKIN BBU, your responsibility to repair or replace the BBU per the Terms Of Service agreement.... or the gateway. Current models that could replace the 3800 with a coax connection for Uverse IPTV service include the 589, 599 and 5268.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I bridged the internal wifi and installed a google mesh system. Wifi is rock solid and I have 5 cameras on it plus some Blink cameras. So i am supposed to buy a gateway myself? I didn't know that. I'll look into the models you suggested. I don't have a coax setup. Its using existing phone pair out to Denmark where there's a value. I'm completely satisfied with uverse except those periodic dropouts. I'll scope out the bbu log and see if those dropouts are listed. Thanks

Get started...

Ask a new question