Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
srssrs's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, May 19, 2014 3:40 PM

Using Motorola NVG510 Router - AIP alg disabling? Using 3rd party VOIP.

I recently added a 3rd party VOIP phone line utilizing an Obi 100 device.  I want to know if there is a way I can disable SIP alg on the NVG510 router?  Or, is it possible to have this SIP alg changed by AT&T?

I am having a problem with dropped calls.  

Also, I have noticed that this router sometimes loses the internet signal when streaming movies.

Is there any way to change settings on the NVG510 router.

Thank you....Steve

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the NVG589 by Mortorola.  I can't find the SIP ALG to disable it.  What can I do if ther is no SIP ALG?  I am unable to connect to outgoing calls on my 3rd party VOIP.  The system is Counterpath Bria 4.

f1sht3ch

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Hey, 'My Thoughts', ATT Employee,

It does not seem possible to make this change via the web interface.

Can you provide any additional details?

I have spent 3 days and $49 on paid support and it seems impossible to get 5060 to work because of SIP-ALG.

Should I just give up?

ft

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hey,

I work for a company that resells U-verse internet and we have run into this exact problem. ATT wont let us provision their phone port so we have a ATA gateway setup and have many issues with it. 

Setting up the gateway in DMZ doesn't seem to help either.

Our problem is that the gateway will make an initiall INVITE but will no RE-INVITE and losses connectivity after 1 day.

What we did is forward 5060-5070 to the gateway and also rtcp signiling port and this has fixed some of our issues along with disabiling most all of the firewall setting inside of the router.

Know this isn't the answer your probably looking for but only workaround I've gotten so far

Your other option is to look at how to get telnet access which isn't hard if you do a few searches Smiley Wink

f1sht3ch

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the info.

Telnet access to the router was blocked by the most recent software update from ATT.

This really should just be plug-and-play for my users. It is on other networks, including ATT fiber.

I don't want to have to mess with port-forwarding on each of my user's home modems. This should just work unless in is in the uVerse terms & conditions.

I have reported this problem to the FCC and my state regulatory agency as anti-competetive... will see what hapens.

ft.

Get started...

Ask a new question