tacarlso's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 11, 2014 4:53 PM

Using a used NVG510 wireless gateway.

I recently signed up for ATT Uverse service, and chose self installation.  I was aware that they would send me the NVG510 for which I would have to pay $100 for.  I figured I would find one cheap at a garage sale and send the orginal back to ATT.  Low and behold, I found a used NVG510, but the network name and password has been changed.  Any help on how to "reset" the device or work around this would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 y ago

I believe that you can stick something into the reset hole on the back and hold it down for about 10+ seconds. That should factory reset your gateway back to defaults.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

To find out network name and password, open Internet browser in the computer connected to your night.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

*To find out network name and password, open Internet browser in the computer connected to your nvg 510 type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar and enter, on the homepage you should find details as network name and network key under wireless section
Robby_ICS

Former Employee

• 

45 Messages

7 y ago

Connect a computer/laptop to ethernet on nvg and open the router page 192.168.1.254 and u will find the ssid nd network key on the router home page. You wont hv to reset the box. If in case that ip does not work, do an ipconfig from ur computer and use the default gateway from the ipconfig result to access router page. If u still
Robby_ICS

Former Employee

• 

45 Messages

7 y ago

SOrry for the split response... If u still wanna reset the box, u can use a pin like object to press n hold the reset button at the back panel for 15 seconds.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Yes, the reset button- and holding it for 20 seconds- reset the password to the default printed on the sticker. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.