kbsaunders's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 16, 2014 5:08 PM

UPnP

I am trying to add a security camera to my network. However, it's not being seen. While troubleshooting it, everything is set as it is supposed to be except for UPnP. It is required and I don't know where to check or turn it on.

Where is this protocal found? How is it turned on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin 

houston01

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

8 y ago

To run two XBox gaming systems I needed UPnP functionallity so I purchased a Netgear WNR2000v4 wireless router at BestBuy for $47.00.  It is UPnP capable; there are fancier routers but I don’t need 5 GHz wireless or the newest protocols because I’m using the wired connections. The netgear router will be connected to the outside world through the uverse gateway and in my case the xbox’s will see the outside world via the netgear router.  

To set-up passthrough goto the firewall tab and select IP passthrough.  Set the allocation mode to “Passthrough” and Passthrough mode to “DHCPS-dynamic”.  Once the Uverse gateway has saved the settings (which takes two minutes because the Uverse gateway rebooted twice upon saving) you should be able to connect the Netgear router.

(My Uverse Gateway is the Motorola 589)...lots of other UPnP detail out there if you search XBox

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.