Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Feb 1, 2019 1:11 AM

Updating firmware on a Pace 5268AC

Is the firmware on the common Pace 5268AC gateway updated automatically?

Responses

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

a year ago

yes and manual updates or rollback is discouraged.

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

Att pushes their updates on their own schedule when they deem necessary.   You can force them to reinstall the firmware by pressing the red button on the back for a about 10 seconds to do a factory reset (generally a waste of time).   Note a factory reset will wipe out any seeings you may have changed in your gateway (e.g., wifi ssid and passwords).

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

a year ago

Well that's fantastic. They have a DMZ+mode bug that is, in my opinion, quite serious. While there are some customers who say they have contacted support and received knowledgeable help; I've called 3 times in the last 2 days and they are clueless.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

Thanks. Just curious as to why a hard reset is a waste of time. Sometimes it’s nice to start with a clean slate, i.e., when you are setting up a new network, and too many machines have already left their footprint in your device.

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

I think it's a waste of time if you hadn't made any changes.  And I said it would wipe out those changes if you had.  But you never said you did.   It's obvious that a factory reset is convenient for starting all over if you want to wipe out those changes.  At least I thought it was and not worth explicitly mentioning.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lindros2

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

3 months ago

You can update to 11.5.1. The info is on the interwebs. You can find it.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…