Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
ATTHelpForums

Community Support

• 

2.4K Messages

Wed, Dec 6, 2017 8:58 PM

Closed

Unwrapped: Setting Up that New Device

Slide4.JPG

It's that time of the year where friends and family have come and given us what we have wanted all year! Now to get it unwrapped and setup and start having some real fun!
Here's where we come in. Having issues getting it connected or having problems not getting it working the way you want? Get help setting up your

• Gaming Devices
  • Mobile Phone
  • Routers
  • Security Cameras
  • Streaming Devices
  • DIRECTV NOW

We have put together a panel of AT&T experts to help. Join us on December, 27 from 1-4pm ET for our Knowledge Sharing Session: Unwrapped: Setting Up that New Device!

In the meantime, check out these helpful articles:

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

yes

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

3 years ago

@melodymay67,

What exactly  happens when trying to log into your account?

Do you have combined AT&T and DirecTV services?  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.1K Messages

3 years ago

@melodymay67 - and what device are you using when you try to log in?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Employee

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

@melodymay67 wrote:

yes

@melodymay67 - Are you getting a specific error message?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I recently came back to Direct TV & cannot login on any device. My account is no longer bundled but was previously. When I log in it wants my att info. I have called numerous times & username has been been reset numerous times. The last person I talked to says it cannot be fixed. I am not happy I want to use the direct tv app & can't.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

i have tried everything, computers, ipad, phone

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

All 3 of you guys are correct!, but @Gary L was first. Congratulations @Gary L, we will PM you in few days with your prize.

Woo hoo!  

Thank you!

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Employee

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

@melodymay67 wrote:

I recently came back to Direct TV & cannot login on any device. My account is no longer bundled but was previously. When I log in it wants my att info. I have called numerous times & username has been been reset numerous times. The last person I talked to says it cannot be fixed. I am not happy I want to use the direct tv app & can't.

@melodymay67 I am going to send you a pm to further assist you with this.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

3 years ago

Somehow this was not at all what the thread was supposed to do.   Hope that means everyone has their newest gadgets running well

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

alakid77

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

I have a GF-07 locator I can't set up. I tried sending a text to the Sim but no good

adidaskid808

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

3 years ago

@alakid77  This thing only work on GSM 2G
AT&T don't support 2G .

Employee

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

@alakid77 wrote:

I have a GF-07 locator I can't set up. I tried sending a text to the Sim but no good

@alakid77 Do you have service on it?

alakid77

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

I got a new sim card. Do I have to activate it. I had probs trying to

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.1K Messages

3 years ago

@DavidCS - to be perfectly honest, I don't remember the details (I'll have to see if I have notes).  But I remember that configuring things using a cascaded router setup didn't work correctly, though this might have been because I still had U-Verse TV, and that didn't work correctly coming off another router even if HPNA wasn't a factor.  Will go back and try again.

Employee

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

@KoolKiddKeKe wrote:

@alakid77 wrote:

@alakid77 Do you have service on it?

@adidaskid808 Is correct with his response we don't support 2G service anymore.

Get started...

Ask a new question