For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
P

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 5:59 AM

Closed

Unable to Install AT T Internet Security Suite

Hi,

I am unable to install the ATT Internet Security suite (aka McAfee Antivirus suite). Following are the details.

1. I have a windows 10 computer, which had a previous version of McAfee (also through ATT internet and expired). I uninstalled it using instructions on the KB article page (uninstalled from Control Panel, used pre-install tool and MCPR tool).

2. Navigated to "Download AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee" page

3. Took me through the login page and eventually to the download link page

4. Upon clicking "Download Security Suite" it takes me to generic McAfee landing page with "Buy" options (no prompt for downloads).

5. Verified that we qualify for the free version and compatibility

• 25+ Mbps Internet Plan
  • Computer has 8GB RAM
  • Updated to latest security patches for Windows 10 

Tried many 6+ times with slight variations and no luck!

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

At least we're calling attention to it hopefully enough times for them to cave. And Zaax is doing what they are doing. We can always cancel the McAfee later. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

2 years ago

they concluded that this is particularly an issue if you use Google Chrome

Or Edge, or Firefox, or Internet Explorer, or, well, the Internet.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Trust me I don't buy it for a minute. I think it's funny. They don't stress the free McAfee anyway but rather the stupid HBO Max. 

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

ATT McAfee Security Suite IS NOT WORKING!  It is not you, it is not your browser, it is not your device.  IT IS, ATT.  Don't waste time calling McAfee.  This is an ATT issue.  Nearly a year now.  I am wondering if ATT truly has plans on fixing this issue.  

The link given by ATT to McAfee only last for 30 days and then you are w/o Security again unless you buy your own or hound ATT by contacting John Stankey which your contact will go to an Executive Rep., also file a BBB and FCC complaint.  

ATT appears NOT, to be working on this issue.  This should have been resolved in a month or two and here we are going on 9 months later.  

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

2 years ago

I think it's funny.

It is funny.  But, as a whole, people who have never once used Chrome are less likely to see the issue.

They don't stress the free McAfee anyway but rather the stupid HBO Max. 

Of course.  It's a "free nickel-bag."  A "puppy dog."   They're trying to get you hooked on HBO Max.  Eventually the perk will go away and you'll have to pay for the HBO Max that you can't do without.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We're unable to download the McAfee security suite onto a new computer. It's supposed to be offered for free by ATT since our internet is DSL and above 3.0 (although it's frankly terrible and spotty, and representatives have been lying to us since January saying we're getting fiber next week/month/tomorrow - but that's a different issue). Now another representative is saying that their security suite page is wrong (and hasn't been updated for 6+ months???) and that ONLY fiber customers are now eligible for free security software. Everything on the website says otherwise. So what is correct? How do we get our antivirus software? You all already increased our bill $50 over the past year without increasing internet speed, so another $5/month seems utterly unreasonable for the limited service we get. 

Thanks for the help.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Can't Download McAfee Security Suite?

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Does my McAfee subscription through AT&T expire and do I have to download again as long as I continue to have AT&T internet service?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled McAfee subscription

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

The subscription can expire, it has happened to me before but you don’t need to re-download. You should be able to renew the subscription. There is a menu item on the McAfee software to renew or refresh your subscription.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Does my McAfee subscription through AT&T expire and do I have to download again as long as I continue to have AT&T internet service?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled McAfee subscription

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

The subscription can expire, it has happened to me before but you don’t need to re-download. You should be able to renew the subscription. There is a menu item on the McAfee software to renew or refresh your subscription.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

2 years ago

I supposedly get McAfee security suite with my new Fiber from AT&T which I got installed almost a month ago.  

I installed the free trial but now I'm getting reminders from McAfee that it is about to expire again.

Do we just keep downloading free trials after the present one expires?

This is a rather long time.  For an acquaintance I loaded the COX McAfee within the last couple of weeks and everything went smoothly.  

So - I really am asking if we just keep downloading free trials from McAfee?  I would hate to lose the protection.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled McAfee
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.