Troubleshooting your Nintendo Switch
Connecting your Nintendo Switch to Wi-Fi
Make sure you have your Wi-Fi information.
- Place the Nintendo Switch within 10 feet of the wireless router to ensure a strong wireless signal.
- On the Nintendo Switch console, select "Settings" from the HOME Menu.
- Select “Internet”, and then “Internet Settings.”
- The Nintendo Switch will automatically search for near-by Wi-Fi signals.
- Select the appropriate network name (SSID) from the list.
- If prompted, use the onscreen keyboard to enter the network's wireless password.
- The Nintendo Switch will test the Internet connection. Once the test is complete, select "OK" to complete the process.
- If you are not connected to the 5Ghz connection on your router, try connecting to it to see if there are better results. You may need to change the network name to achieve this.
- Move your Nintendo Switch closer to the router.
- Make sure there are no devices around your Nintendo Switch that could interfere with the signal. This includes all items that can cause interference, such as other electronic devices, or wireless interference, such as your cell phone.
David, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.