Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
T

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Jul 4, 2020 10:02 PM

Trouble connecting AGSHome smart garage door controller to BGW210-700

Having a heck of a time getting a smart garage door controller connected to my BGW210-700 router via the 2.4ghz band. Set up both the regular 2.4 ssid - didn't connect. Enabled the 2.4 "guest" ssid - stil no go. No Mac filtering is enabled. Getting driven into insanity here. Any help is much appreciated

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

a month ago

The BGW210 is a dual band gateway, offering both 2.4 & 5ghz wifi simultaneously in a band steering configuration, with both networks named the same. Some devices have trouble with this arrangement, requiring one of the networks to be renamed to something unique. This will cause both wifi networks to show up separately in the network listing, possibly making it easier for your smart garage door to connect. You can download the AT&T Smart Home Manager to easily rename the network.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Thank you for your response. I did rename the 2.4 said to differ from the 5. Logged on to the 2.4 but no matter what I did, could not connect the controller to the router/smart app. Even tried activating the separate guest ssid which is also 2.4. No luck with that one as well.... very frustrating

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

a month ago

What message or response do you get when attempting to connect the door controller to WiFi?

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Alternates continuously between make sure wifi signal strength is good and make sure password is entered correctly. Both of these are confirmed as my phone is logged onto the 2.4 network and is functioning as expected.

Thank you

Get started...

Ask a new question