Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
Snoocher's profile
Snoocher
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Sat, Feb 11, 2017 11:51 PM

Streaming from iTunes Library to Apple TV on 5268AC WiFi Network

After all kinds of problems, I had my old modem replaced with the 5268AC. I've had to remove my Apple WiFi Network and use the ATT router's WiFi. I can't get programs and music to play on my Apple TVs on this 5268 WiFi network if they are sitting on my NAS. If I replace it with the Apple one, they all work fine. Netflix, etc. all stream fine on the Apple TV on the 5268 network. It's a file sharing/peer to peer issue.

I'd prefer to leave the Apple network in place, but after a few hours the Internet always goes down on it (again, probably the 5268 is causing this). If any suggestions on THAT one, please let me know. The time capsule is in bridge mode creating a new network.

Any suggestions on how to make either of these items work is appreciated.

Thanks!

ApexRon

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

5 y ago

@Snoocher

I have a 5268ac Ethernet connected to my Apple Airport Extreme which is Ethernet connected to my Apple TV. My entire home network is off of the Airport Extreme. Itunes movies and Netflix movies are flawless, though the Netflix server seems to have some busy hour capacity issues wherein the video is not 1080p.

My suggestion is to disable IPv6 on the 5268ac as that is probably causing your issue. Let me know.

Snoocher

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for the reply. I had IPv6 disabled already. Your setup using the Apple network is similar to mine. My original question was using the 5268ac wireless network, as I had been having issues keeping an Internet connection on the Apple network. But using the 5268ac I couldn't stream content from my hard drive to the Apple TVs. I've reverted to my Apple wifi network and it's been working for the last 18 hours. Hope it continues.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.