Smart TV Internet Troubleshooting (Samsung & Sony) - Help from the Community
Internet not working on your Samsung or Sony Smart TV?
Did your smart TV recently lose the internet connection? If so, the following steps may help resolve the issues you are having.
Things to try for your SmartTV
- Make sure your internet is connection is working - use a laptop or smart device to verify.
- Verify the network settings on the TV, Network Name and Password, match what is on the modem.
- Reset the Modem.
- Reset the network settings on the TV - your instruction manual should have these steps listed.
- Unplug the TV from Power.
Samsung TV DNS Update
- Using your TV Remote: Press Menu then go to Settings > Network
- Select Network Settings > Start > IP Settings
- Select DNS mode. Verify tge green check is on "manual"
- Enter 8 8 8 8 and OK
The above steps may differ between Samsung device. Make sure to post your finds or tips below.
Step by step troubleshooting for your TV
In some instances, a firmware update to the TV has caused the issue. AT&T does not have the ability to resolve items of this nature. If you have other devices that are able to connect to the network, this tell us the internet connection is fine and the issue lies with the device. Contacting the manufacturer is highly recommended.
David T, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp