Setting up Your 3rd Party Devices - Solutions from the AT&T Community Forums
Learn how to set up your device to AT&T Internet
Setting up your equipment can be easy, or it can be hard. Depending on your level of expertise, will determine your course of action.
Setting up Internet of Things like streaming devices, gaming systems, IP cameras, and Wi-Fi bulbs are pretty straightforward, just enter the Wi-Fi Network and Passcode. Other items, like setting up a network, servers, peer 2 peer software or some routers, may be beyond what AT&T can help with. Unfortunately, AT&T does not support 3rd Party hardware, apps, and programs. Luckily, we have great ACE's, Community Forums Super Users, who come in to save the day.
If you are having trouble setting up your equipment, we recommend:
- Reviewing setup instructions that came with your device
- Visit the manufacturer's website
- Visit the forums community for that product
- If you are not familiar with high-level networking, contacting a professional is recommended
Below you'll find some basic setup information for some popular devices. Some links will go directly to the manufacturer, others to AT&T pages. If you do not see your equipment below, you can normally find support solutions online.
- Find your Wireless Name and Password
- Learn how to improve your Wi-Fi Signal
- How to minimize Wireless Interference - a community solution
- The best place to place your modem in your home
How to setup Bridge Mode, IP Passthrough, and DMZ
How to setup Statis IP, Reverse DNS/ PTR Request, Port Forwarding
- Learn how to setup Static IP for your Motorola or 2Wire/ Pace Modem
- Reverse DNS/ PTR Request
- Port Forwarding
Setting up email is different these days when using a client. To secure your email experience, AT&T has
- Learn about Oauth or Secure Mail Key - needed when using a client
- Learn how to set up your client
- Email Troubleshooting