Set up DLink DCS-933L Camera wirelessly?
Trying to set up our new DLink DCS-933L camera up with my laptop, and the directions state it has to be cabled to my router to configure it. That's fine, and I was able to do that in our current house where we have Comcast service and a standard PC router, but in our 2nd house in another area, where we have UVerse, the router/modem is in a nearly inaccessible location on a high shelf and very difficult to even see the back side where the ports are, as the cables are essentially tied down. Not impossible, I guess, but challenging.
I contacted DLink for instructions to configure it wirelessly on the same network via the MyDlink android app, but it is not seeing the camera. Here's what they sent:
If you have a smart phone android or an iOS phone please follow the steps below:
- Make sure the phone is connected to the wireless network of the router
- Download the My D-Link Lite app from the app store or google store
- Launch the app and click "local"
- Clicked the "refresh" icon and the app will scan for available camera within the network
- Once the camera is found tap on the camera
- Setup a password for it
- Select the correct time zone
- Create a My D-link account
- Activate your My D-Link account
- It show the cameras live video if it's properly setup.
I did all that, but as noted, it did NOT find the camera, stopping at that point, of course.
I told DLink support this and they were somewhat surprised, and offered to do a live call but as we are not at the house that frequently to do this, figgered I'd see if anyone here has any advice first.