Cyber Week Deals: Buy a Samsung Galaxy Flip3 5G or Fold3 5G & get a pair of Graphite Galaxy Buds2 for FREE!
Notageek's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Mar 26, 2016 10:58 PM

Secure Pace 5268AC with password?

When I am logged in to a home WiFi channel or plugged into Ethernet and direct my browser to the default address for the Pace 5268AC mOder/router, I get to the Home page without any need to provide device code or password.  So anyone using WiFi or Ethernet at my house can get access to the router and view passwords on different WiFi channels.  

Most routers I have used have an Admin login with a password before you see any info.  How do I set that up on the Pace unit?

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@Notageek   If you have a set of devices that access the RG, can limit it to the IP range range of those devices.  DHCP page should be here: http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_3

You want to use the current RG address and same subnet mask, then your starting/ending IP addresses you want.

The current devices' IP address allocation will be listed here:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_4

The RG will not have an IP addresses for any other device, so no worry about anyone snooping.

NO changes can be made w/o the system password on the RG.  Some pages you can't even get to w/o it too. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I have  NEAT canner Model NC1000 after I upgraded my ATT Router to the 5268AC it no longer will connect to the router I keep getting a measage to checj signal srenth and password.  both verified.  is their something else causing this to not connect, did security change in anyway?

mx727

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 y ago

Of course, my house is wired with dual ethernet ports throughout.  Any guest can plug in, as I wanted to make it easy.  However, there is no reason that they need admin access to the router.  It is becoming very clear that AT&T really imagined a very simplistic world when they sourced the 5268.  No security, no true bridging, and no DHCP reservation system.  Really kind of sad for a supposed leader in telecommunication.  The simple fact is that they should have used a modem and then offered to either provide a router or allow us to get our own.  As much as I hate Comcast, they at least got that right.

• 

1 Message

4 m ago

When I am logged in to a home WiFi channel or plugged into Ethernet and direct my browser to the default address for the Pace 5268AC mOder/router, I get to the Home page without any need to provide device code or password.  So anyone using WiFi or Ethernet at my house can get access to the router and view passwords on different WiFi channels.  

Replying: Yes you are correct. From what I have found you are open to anyone who can reach / connect to your router using 192.168.1.254. Currently receiving a strong wireless signal from a neighbor and he is pulling a dhcp address from my router. Not sure if using a booster or some other device but I am able to capture using wireshark and inSSider.  Bandwidth Pirate? 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.