Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Jan 15, 2020 4:47 AM

Samsung tv not connecting

Recently installed AT&T internet won't connect to my Samsung Series 7 tv despite the network being read by the TV. The router is a BGW210-700. I've done everything possible including unplugging everything, resetting everything. I know the TV is capable of receiving the signal as I was able to connect it through my phone's hotspot. A search of the internet points out this is an ongoing problem.

Responses

SuperMario87

Employee

• 

235 Messages

a month ago

Login to the router interface, open guest network and connect the tv to it. it will solve your issue.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

5 Messages

Okay... This actually seems to be working. And AT&T wanted me to sign up for a year off service. I just can't imagine that a Samsung tv world have trouble connecting...
SuperMario87

Employee

• 

235 Messages

a month ago

the problem comes for 5Ghz band. Samsung does not work good with it. Guest network is dedicated to work on the 2.4Ghz

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

5 Messages

Okay. Well, that worked for a few days. Now the Samsung TV is not connecting to the "guest" network...

Any other suggestions?
SuperMario87

Employee

• 

235 Messages

Change the guest name and password. Doesn't make sense to not connect to it. If problem persist factory reset router and open guest network again

• 

5 Messages

My Samsung tv is once again connected.

But, the TV doesn't show up on the Smart Phone Manager app provided by AT&T.

I find it odd that a major TV brand and a major internet provider cannot be compatible.

Thank you for your help...

• 

5 Messages

Annnnd... I'm disconnected once again.

Would all these connecting issues go away if I simply connected the router with an Ethernet cable?

(edited)

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

I always use Ethernet when it's feasible, as I'm doing now with my Samsung 65" in the living room. But I also have a Samsung 55" connected via WiFi in an upstairs bedroom. Give the Ethernet connection try.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.